Livorno port shuttle

wongcruise

3 minutes ago, happysailing2 said:

Bethesda Please explain why I shouldn't take the ships excursion to Florence-

Where did Bethesda say that?  All I see is .... do not take the ship's shuttle.

37 minutes ago, happysailing2 said:

On 4/24 at 11:44  maybe  and hopefully I read it incorrectly

I think you're getting yourself confused.  The post on 3/24 at 11:44 was your own, not Bethesda's.  They did have a later post that quoted your 3/24 11:44 post, but no where in that post did they suggest avoiding a ship's excursion, as noted above Bethesda simply said that their private tour operator told them not to use the shuttle into town.

1 hour ago, euro cruiser said:

I think you're getting yourself confused.  The post on 3/24 at 11:44 was your own, not Bethesda's.  They did have a later post that quoted your 3/24 11:44 post, but no where in that post did they suggest avoiding a ship's excursion, as noted above Bethesda simply said that their private tour operator told them not to use the shuttle into town.

BethesdaSC

• January 12, 2012
  • Queen Creek
  On 4/24/2024 at 11:44 AM, happysailing2 said:

FULL DAY SHORE EXCURSION TO FLORENCE AND PISA FROM LIVORNO WITH TASTING We will be using Viator company and Need information how to travel via shuttle from cruise ship to our bus to Florence- then to Pisa and a taste. Please help I am kind of confused .Via ClaudioCogorano1 Its telling me to take the shuttle bus to the last stop-where is the last stop and which shuttle bus  do I take? Being we are taking  an excursion away from ship, will we be able to depart the ship early enough  to catch the 9:30 bus-Our ship is the NCL Escape. Thank you for your assist.

Expand  

I can’t speak for the vendor that will be subbed out from Viator, but ItalyTours and CBM tours operators ARE allowed into the cruise port area.  Signs and iPads with names, guiding you to your van/bus.  My instructions clearly said DO NOT take the ship’s shuttle. I just got off the Epic Monday.  I believe all the stops had us arriving before the stated time by a little bit.  9:30 was our meeting time as well and we got off about 9:10.  Good luck!  

BethesdaSC

• January 12, 2012
  • Queen Creek
  On 4/24/2024 at 11:44 AM, happysailing2 said:

FULL DAY SHORE EXCURSION TO FLORENCE AND PISA FROM LIVORNO WITH TASTING We will be using Viator company and Need information how to travel via shuttle from cruise ship to our bus to Florence- then to Pisa and a taste. Please help I am kind of confused .Via ClaudioCogorano1 Its telling me to take the shuttle bus to the last stop-where is the last stop and which shuttle bus  do I take? Being we are taking  an excursion away from ship, will we be able to depart the ship early enough  to catch the 9:30 bus-Our ship is the NCL Escape. Thank you for your assist.

Expand  

I can’t speak for the vendor that will be subbed out from Viator, but ItalyTours and CBM tours operators ARE allowed into the cruise port area.  Signs and iPads with names, guiding you to your van/bus.  My instructions clearly said DO NOT take the ship’s shuttle. I just got off the Epic Monday.  I believe all the stops had us arriving before the stated time by a little bit.  9:30 was our meeting time as well and we got off about 9:10.  Good luck!

Well I have decided to take the ships excursion

• 2 weeks later...