Live-NCL Breakaway 10/30-11/06/2022-New England/Canada-Club Balcony Suite

graphicguy

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Checked this a.m. again, looks like this cruise is officially sold out.  Never seen that before this far in advance of sailing.

Now that's funny. I'm not sure why you keep stating that this cruise is going to sell out (or is sold out). I just did a quick search for the sake of providing accurate information: 

October 30th sailing availability:

225 Inside cabins

50 Ocean view

385+ balcony cabins *see below

75 Club balcony

Approximate Total available cabins = 750

BUT... several categories show 100 cabins available. The search I'm using tops out at 100 cabins so when it shows 100 cabins available that could mean exactly 100 cabins or 300 cabins available in that particular category. In reality, the number of available cabins is likely much larger than 750.

Keeping it real 😉

• Like 3

On 9/16/2022 at 12:27 PM, graphicguy said:

Hmmm....

$209 to get a Vibe Pass

$300 for a Thermal Spa pass

$1,100 (poor bid) to upgrade to a Haven Courtyard Suite

I would vote Thermal pass.  I just got off the Breakaway this morning and while I was only in the public area of Vibe, it was very windy up there and a bit cold already this week.  And that is with us sailing 60-70s in the US portion and 50-60 degree weather for the Canada parts.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the info about this cruise -- I checked -- it's weird -- they are not charging double occupancy rates for solo travellers and a solo traveller in a guaranteed balcony is cheaper than a solo room, insider or outside cabin.

I really want to go but DW says no (I guess I could go by myself)...  

side note: Haven sold out

Edited by xcell
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, xcell said:

Thanks for the info about this cruise -- I checked -- it's weird -- they are not charging double occupancy rates for solo travellers and a solo traveller in a guaranteed balcony is cheaper than a solo room, insider or outside cabin.

NCL has removed solo occupancy on most fall sailings because there are so many empty cabins. Your solo balcony is cheaper because there are likely well over 400 balcony cabins which remain unsold on this sailing. 

FWIW; NCL isn't the only ones removing solo supplements due to extremely low occupancy rates. I have a group of friends booked on a Celebrity sailing in January. We each got our own balcony cabins and an exceptional rate of less than $90 per night including all taxes, drinks, wifi, and tips. Once you add in the OBC, it's practically free ;-). 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, xcell said:

I counted about 60 balcony cabins left. 

Most of the search engines max out at 15 cabins per category, including NCL. In other words, if you look on the NCL site,  you will only see the best 15 available in each category. Most online sites use these same parameters. If you see 15 cabins in any one category, there are likely many more available.

I use a search that shows 100 cabins max per category. I counted 385 balcony cabins available, but 3 of the balcony categories showed 100 cabins. That means there could be exactly 100 or many many more. Hence my estimate at more than 400. 

Your TA can see these cabins also, so feel free to ask them to verify the information I am sharing with you. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Most of the search engines max out at 15 cabins per category, including NCL. In other words, if you look on the NCL site,  you will only see the best 15 available in each category. Most online sites use these same parameters. If you see 15 cabins in any one category, there are likely many more available.

I use a search that shows 100 cabins max per category. I counted 385 balcony cabins available, but 3 of the balcony categories showed 100 cabins. That means there could be exactly 100 or many many more. Hence my estimate at more than 400. 

Your TA can see these cabins also, so feel free to ask them to verify the information I am sharing with you. 

thanks -- didn't know that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xcell said:

I counted about 60 balcony cabins left. 

So, they must have refreshed it today.  On my end it showed the entire cruise not being available to book.

Could be an NCL glitch earlier.

60 cabins, double occupancy, that's room for around 120 more guests.

That's pretty darned good given we're still a month + out from sailing.

Actually called NCL today to see what's left.  I think you're about right.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, xcell said:

Begging work?  A few "pretty pleases" thrown in for good measure!!!!! 😉

3 hours ago, StarAFire said:

I would vote Thermal pass.  I just got off the Breakaway this morning and while I was only in the public area of Vibe, it was very windy up there and a bit cold already this week.  And that is with us sailing 60-70s in the US portion and 50-60 degree weather for the Canada parts.  

Still debating that upgrade.  I may score that given it's likely to be chillier a month from now.

I'm really thinking about joining this vacation -- I have two more certificates to burn through and then I'm free of NCL (not that it is a bad thing).  But the money spent on this, I could use for my Christmas cruise.  Well, if I do not go, make sure to have a great report of what I was missing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xcell said:

I'm really thinking about joining this vacation -- I have two more certificates to burn through and then I'm free of NCL (not that it is a bad thing).  But the money spent on this, I could use for my Christmas cruise.  Well, if I do not go, make sure to have a great report of what I was missing.

Thanks!  Hope you do join us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

If anyone has experience, do they release cabins (thinking specifically Haven) of those who had to cancel sometime close to the sail date?

I don't have personal experience, but one of my Amex travel agents told me that they do. 

The Haven for our sailing is showing as sold-out, which is interesting. NCL must be prioritizing trying to fill the Haven on cruises with light bookings. Makes sense that they want to have the highest revenue cabins filled.

It's curious that the sailing showed as sold out and then came back. There looks to be plenty of inventory available.

I was assigned a Balcony guarantee when I booked a few days ago, but received my stateroom number today.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

I don't have personal experience, but one of my Amex travel agents told me that they do. 

The Haven for our sailing is showing as sold-out, which is interesting. NCL must be prioritizing trying to fill the Haven on cruises with light bookings. Makes sense that they want to have the highest revenue cabins filled.

It's curious that the sailing showed as sold out and then came back. There looks to be plenty of inventory available.

I was assigned a Balcony guarantee when I booked a few days ago, but received my stateroom number today.

Yeah….I chalked it up as a WEB site glitch on their side.

I looked at the Haven on this sailing before it sold out.  There were good deals to be had ($3,500, which is good for a Haven Suite).  Thought about it.  But, also thought about going the other direction and seeing how much I could get for the least amount.  

Was going to see if I could bid on the Haven.  But, I called NCL and even they stated it was sold out.

Don’t want to see anyone have to forfeit their Haven Suite last minute, but I’m thinking it happens.

NCL usually has a sign up at guest services on Embarkation Day stating that no upgrades are available.  But, this cruise is the last of the season to Canada.  As such, these are the kinds of cruises that have always offered some move up availability.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

NCL usually has a sign up at guest services on Embarkation Day stating that no upgrades are available.  But, this cruise is the last of the season to Canada.  As such, these are the kinds of cruises that have always offered some move up availability.

I was on the Getaway a couple weeks ago, and we were running at about 1200 guests (out of 4400). Someone we made friends with onboard told us that she upgraded from an inside to an aft balcony while onboard for $300—she just went to Guest Services and asked.

I am used to seeing the sign out on embarkation day, too! We're happy with the balcony that got assigned to us, so we'll probably stick right where we are.

• Like 2

Not really related to this cruise, but since I try to post "LIVE" when I cruise (operative word being "TRY"), I've used a GoPro for pics and video.

Just scored an iPhone 14.  The cameras and stabilization on it has become so good, I decided not to carry my GoPro anymore.  One less thing to stuff in my backpack.

Anyway, posted it on eBay, where it just sold.  And, just saw the shipping address.  It's going to someone who's working on the Carnival Conquest.  I guess s/he will pick it up when they're docked in Doral, FL.   Shipping label actually says Carnival Conquest.

I must be bored if that's what I think is interesting, today! 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Not really related to this cruise, but since I try to post "LIVE" when I cruise (operative word being "TRY"), I've used a GoPro for pics and video.

Just scored an iPhone 14.  The cameras and stabilization on it has become so good, I decided not to carry my GoPro anymore.  One less thing to stuff in my backpack.

Anyway, posted it on eBay, where it just sold.  And, just saw the shipping address.  It's going to someone who's working on the Carnival Conquest.  I guess s/he will pick it up when they're docked in Doral, FL.   Shipping label actually says Carnival Conquest.

I must be bored if that's what I think is interesting, today! 😉

I must be bored too, because I think that's pretty cool.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GSLMOM said:

May I ask how you got that price?  I’m looking at the same cruise and for an inside cabin the cheapest fare I can come up with is $1,800.   Thanks!

Are you sure you are looking at the same sailing? I can go to NCL.com right now and this is the pricing I see for a solo cruiser for the 10/30 Breakaway sailing:

image.thumb.png.ce7f5c8b1f18e55821b7f35246de32ea.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Are you sure you are looking at the same sailing? I can go to NCL.com right now and this is the pricing I see for a solo cruiser for the 10/30 Breakaway sailing:

image.thumb.png.ce7f5c8b1f18e55821b7f35246de32ea.png

Yes, however I’m not solo. There will be two of us.  And those are the prices I see, but once all is said and done, an inside with perks and insurance came to $1,800.  

10 minutes ago, GSLMOM said:

Yes, however I’m not solo. There will be two of us.  And those are the prices I see, but once all is said and done, an inside with perks and insurance came to $1,800.  

Ah, well the OP said he was right around $900, so probably excluding the travel insurance (he didn't say he was paying that), it makes sense you would be seeing roughly double the price.

When I booked, I paid something like $486 out of pocket for my balcony, but the pricing was different then. I think it was slightly more than it is currently, but I had $500 of CruiseFirst and a 20% off coupon. I didn't buy the insurance, because I get travel insurance through my credit card.

If I were to try to book a Club Balcony Suite right now, as the OP did, the total solo price comes out to $1051.40 without insurance, so perhaps the price has gone up a bit since he booked.

Edited by JamieLogical