Anyone been on the Millennium lately? Can you order ANY dinner item off the MDR menu in BLU?

NutsAboutGolf

Was off the Equinox last week and in Blu, they stated they changed the rules back in July '22 due to staff shortages.  Could order the MDR Classics (fixed items that don't change) but couldn't order the rotational items.  That was one the biggest perks of AQ, could always dine at Blu and order off both Blu and the MDR menus.

Wife and I have been on Mille 4 times in the past year and Yes we could order from the MDR menu in Blu.

We did not know that was possible until one night after looking at the Menu in Blue we left and went to the MDR and were told we Could order from their menu In Blu.

We found we often preferred that so in the Future we will just book a normal Balcony stateroom and eat in the MDR or Tuscan .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, D. B. said:

I can't say if a Dress Code was Enforced in Blu but I never saw anyone in Flip/Flops a T-shirts or a baseball cap.

Thanks, I was recently on the equinox and the dress code was pretty laxed, anything went for breakfast including a hat, tank, shorts and flip flops.  Dinner I saw one guy in a hoodie, several in long sleeve rashgaurds and a couple of guys in shorts yet all of them wore collared shorts

21 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Was off the Equinox last week and in Blu, they stated they changed the rules back in July '22 due to staff shortages.  Could order the MDR Classics (fixed items that don't change) but couldn't order the rotational items.  That was one the biggest perks of AQ, could always dine at Blu and order off both Blu and the MDR menus.

Uhh, we sailed in Equinox and Silhouette pre-Covid in Blu and you could NOT order off MDR menu, the galley is way off at the other end of the ship. Luminae yes, Blu no. I don’t know about Millenium, and I think you may be able to order from MDR in Blu on Edge because the dining is stacked.

8 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Uhh, we sailed in Equinox and Silhouette pre-Covid in Blu and you could NOT order off MDR menu, the galley is way off at the other end of the ship. Luminae yes, Blu no. I don’t know about Millenium, and I think you may be able to order from MDR in Blu on Edge because the dining is stacked.

Got it, in the equinox I had no problem ordering any MDR item in May 2022, just last week you could order the classics like French onion soup

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 11:41 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

on M class they share a galley so it's no issue 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks, I was recently on the equinox and the dress code was pretty laxed, anything went for breakfast including a hat, tank, shorts and flip flops.  Dinner I saw one guy in a hoodie, several in long sleeve rashgaurds and a couple of guys in shorts yet all of them wore collared shorts

I think for breakfast it's pretty much a hands off approach as far as attire is concerned. Dress code enforcement (if there is such a thing) is going to be done at dinner.

7 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I think for breakfast it's pretty much a hands off approach as far as attire is concerned. Dress code enforcement (if there is such a thing) is going to be done at dinner.

The other thing is the staff may not care and let you sit down but if another passenger complains to the staff about someone wearing a hat, the staff may ask them to remove their hat.  This happened to me when I wore a hat at a MDR lunch (pre-pandemic)

32 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The other thing is the staff may not care and let you sit down but if another passenger complains to the staff about someone wearing a hat, the staff may ask them to remove their hat.  This happened to me when I wore a hat at a MDR lunch (pre-pandemic)

What kind of hat? Like a basecap? Never seen anyone making a fuss during lunch. That being said, I find the MDR lunch super boring and rather go to Oceanview. I have even skipped BLU for two nights last week because I wasn't in the mood and just helped myself at the buffet.

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

What kind of hat? Like a basecap? Never seen anyone making a fuss during lunch. That being said, I find the MDR lunch super boring and rather go to Oceanview. I have even skipped BLU for two nights last week because I wasn't in the mood and just helped myself at the buffet.

Yes, baseball cap.  It's also not super uncommon for me to see a woman at dinner in some kind of sun hat, never seen them being told to take it off.  Not a huge variety at Blu, I personally wish they would have the filet on the menu every night.

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Got it, in the equinox I had no problem ordering any MDR item in May 2022, just last week you could order the classics like French onion soup

We, too, were able to order any MDR item when dining in Blu and did for several years on the Equinox. We were told last month this was no longer allowed. 😞