Glory which Itinerary please

helene109

It would just be my husband and I celebrating our 30th!

We have been on the Glory! We love New Orleans! We have not been to Maghony Bay, Costa Maya, Key West or Freeport.

We have a great offer of $500 OBC that expires 10-31 and we can book 2 cruises! 

Other cruise is either Celebration or Panorama! Tough decisions!

Thanks again!

47EE6FA9-323F-4E40-97D5-8AEF8C721DCC.png

27756A55-B287-4C69-8C5A-2941E5896907.png

8FB46AF8-63FA-48F2-945C-B67B3D0F586D.png

5EB6DFE9-6DD9-439A-914B-EA682F4CF435.png

Out of the Glory itineraries, Western Caribbean.  IMO Freeport is a wasted port stop and Nassau is marginal at best.  Personally I wouldn't take a 7 night cruise with only one port I actually wanted to visit (Key West).

I have family in Louisiana so cruise of out NOLA semi-frequently. I've done the 7 day Western itinerary multiple times and would still do that again vs. the Eastern (actually Bahamas) itinerary.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Out of the Glory itineraries, Western Caribbean.  IMO Freeport is a wasted port stop and Nassau is marginal at best.  Personally I wouldn't take a 7 night cruise with only one port I actually wanted to visit (Key West).

I have family in Louisiana so cruise of out NOLA semi-frequently. I've done the 7 day Western itinerary multiple times and would still do that again vs. the Eastern (actually Bahamas) itinerary.

So helpful! Thanks even though we have been to Cozumel numerous times! We tried NCL in August and I really missed my Carnival pier!

Just now, helene109 said:

So helpful! Thanks even though we have been to Cozumel numerous times! We tried NCL in August and I really missed my Carnival pier!

In 65 cruises I've probably been to Cozumel more than any other port.  It's a port I don't mind going back to, vs. Nassau where I've to multiple times and usually stay on the ship.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

In 65 cruises I've probably been to Cozumel more than any other port.  It's a port I don't mind going back to, vs. Nassau where I've to multiple times and usually stay on the ship.

I appreciate your advice! So glad I asked. Hard to believe we haven’t been to two of the ports!

Now where would you go with to adult kids Celebration or Panorama? We have been on the Mardi Gras and would fly out of Chicago. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Now where would you go with to adult kids Celebration or Panorama? 

Panorama, unless you're wanting a new ship experience with Celebration.  You can get to those Caribbean ports (the Celebration itinerary) out of multiple Gulf Coast and Florida ports but can only do the Mexican Riviera out of California (unless part of a longer cruise than 7 days).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Panorama, unless you're wanting a new ship experience with Celebration.  You can get to those Caribbean ports (the Celebration itinerary) out of multiple Gulf Coast and Florida ports but can only do the Mexican Riviera out of California (unless part of a longer cruise than 7 days).

Yes your right as we can do those ports anytime! So glad I asked you! Never been to California. Have to figure out where to stay night before etc We would take Southwest to Long Beach. Thanks again!

Unless you want to have a choice of Mayan Ruins to see, Belize is a poor port. (long tender ride in through lots of garbage on the way in)

Roatan has nice beaches, nice snorkeling close to shore and lots of animal excusions to be had.

Cozumel has tons of things to do for the day. Every kind of beach club you could want, dune buggy, speed boat, sub excusions, swimming with dolphins, etc. etc.

Costa Maya has smaller Mayan ruins, closer by and decent beach drinking days to be had.

I'd avoid anything with Freeport.

Key West is nice, but nothing great. (unless you just want to barhop, then its outstanding.)

Can't help with the Mexican Riviera.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bguppies said:

Unless you want to have a choice of Mayan Ruins to see, Belize is a poor port. (long tender ride in through lots of garbage on the way in)

Roatan has nice beaches, nice snorkeling close to shore and lots of animal excusions to be had.

Cozumel has tons of things to do for the day. Every kind of beach club you could want, dune buggy, speed boat, sub excusions, swimming with dolphins, etc. etc.

Costa Maya has smaller Mayan ruins, closer by and decent beach drinking days to be had.

I'd avoid anything with Freeport.

Key West is nice, but nothing great. (unless you just want to barhop, then its outstanding.)

Can't help with the Mexican Riviera.

So then which itinerary in New Orleans? Thanks!

Here's my two cents -  Freeport is probably the worst port we have been to, wasnt much fun.  i looooove key west but often the sailaway time is 2pm or so, much too early!  

I always choose a 7 day over a 6 day if all things are comparable, more time = more fun.  

Panorama is the newest CCL ship we've sailed.  we have enjoyed all the ships, old or new.  big or small. 

used to book cruises mainly on the ports of call since i hadnt been to many of the places.  over the years my "havent been" list is shrinking but we still keep an eye on options.  there is something about going to a place you've never been.  fun! 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Here's my two cents -  Freeport is probably the worst port we have been to, wasnt much fun.  i looooove key west but often the sailaway time is 2pm or so, much too early!  

I always choose a 7 day over a 6 day if all things are comparable, more time = more fun.  

Panorama is the newest CCL ship we've sailed.  we have enjoyed all the ships, old or new.  big or small. 

used to book cruises mainly on the ports of call since i hadnt been to many of the places.  over the years my "havent been" list is shrinking but we still keep an eye on options.  there is something about going to a place you've never been.  fun! 

So then you liked the Panorama any other details? Here are the times for Key West. Thanks 

F6BA0100-2772-4AFF-A4C6-00CACCD09EC4.png

13 hours ago, bguppies said:

Mahogany Bay (Roatan), Belize, Cozumel by alot from New Orleans

I agree. Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel.

Huge fan of New Orleans, so much to do and eat.

Not a big fan of Costa Maya

From another Chicago family, the drive to New Orleans is not that bad. About 15 hours total. We usually leave after work, spend night outside Memphis then finish the drive.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nydney1 said:

I agree. Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel.

Huge fan of New Orleans, so much to do and eat.

Not a big fan of Costa Maya

From another Chicago family, the drive to New Orleans is not that bad. About 15 hours total. We usually leave after work, spend night outside Memphis then finish the drive.

Thanks that helps! We live in Indiana. Love the short flight! Opinion on Panorama or Celebration for August? We have been on the Mardi Gras. Going to Miami in April on the Escape.