Is Regent bypassing Grand Cayman?

ChucktownSteve

A couple days ago we received notice that Regent cancelled our Grand Cayman excursion on our January Panama Canal cruise.  When I went to the website to find a substitution I discovered there were no excursions available for the port either free or choice. 

The port still shows on the itinerary. The Regent rep says she shows no excursions listed for the port either but to wait a few days to see what they post.

Does anyone know if there is something happening with Grand Cayman or if it's being removed from itineraries?  Thankx.

Yes, received the same email today.

Intrigued by the line: "We are currently working on creating some exciting new offerings

I wonder what was the issue with the old offerings? 🤔  .................... and why is it taking a month to finalise the new offerings? 🤔

• Like 2

Question - I know Cayman is a tender port (at least on my upcoming cruise). Does anyone know if the tender leaves us off right at a downtown area such that if we didn't book an excursion, we could simply go to town, do some exploring by foot, maybe have lunch and then head back? Or we we first have to find transport into town? TIA.

Edited by douginct