Kaanapali Beach RCL Excursion and Cabana rentals

shawn.dillon

Greetings!

We are going to be in Kaanapali Beach with the RCL Quantum in October 2022. RCL has an excursion on their site called:

Maui Beach Day - Kaanapali Beach

For $189.00 per person. But with no details. 

#1) Has anyone booked this before, or has booked it for the trip in October? Any info on what it includes would be awesome!

#2) One person in our party uses a walker. How difficult is the tendering process with a walker? Also, they would need a shaded place to rest while the rest of the party walks the beach, snorkels, etc... Any recommendations or thoughts on where to rent a cabana or place to rest? 

Any other input on this beach trip with someone who has a walker would be awesome. I am new at an excursion with someone who has mobility issues, so all advice is welcome!

In my experience, since there are almost no hotels in Hawaii that are all-inclusive, all a "day pass" at a Hawaii resort means is you can use the pool/pool area; no food or drinks included. So I'd say $189 a person is obnoxiously high.

I think tendering with a walker would be a challenge.

Edited by scottca075

20 hours ago, shawn.dillon said:

Any other input on this beach trip with someone who has a walker would be awesome. I am new at an excursion with someone who has mobility issues, so all advice is welcome!

Did they tell you which hotel you'll have access to? I agree with Scott that $189 is fairly obnoxiously high given you can pretty much do anything but swim in their pools for free anyway and food/drink won't be included. 

• Like 1

It's listed for $150.99, also without any description, for Radiance of the Seas. The only thing is a weight limit restriction of 300 pounds. As others have said, the beach is free access. This could possibly be worth it, knowing you can relax about transportation with your mobility challenged person, if it included a reserved shaded cabana, lunch, drinks etc, but as there is zero description it looks like a rip off.

5 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

It's listed for $150.99, also without any description, for Radiance of the Seas. The only thing is a weight limit restriction of 300 pounds. As others have said, the beach is free access. This could possibly be worth it, knowing you can relax about transportation with your mobility challenged person, if it included a reserved shaded cabana, lunch, drinks etc, but as there is zero description it looks like a rip off.

Maybe it is me, but I think RCL's website is exceptionally poor at showing shore excursions. That might be a deciding factor to me when choosing between different cruise lines and for the life of me, I cannot find ANYPLACE on the RCCL website that shows excursions. There is a link that says "explore all excursions", but it does not take you to any excursions. There is another link where you can check specific to a cruise by ship and date, but it takes you no place, it is blank.

Wish I could help.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

This could possibly be worth it, knowing you can relax about transportation with your mobility challenged person, if it included a reserved shaded cabana, lunch, drinks etc, but as there is zero description it looks like a rip off.

At the end of the day though, transportation from Lahaina to this stretch of beach is going to be about $30 total round trip in an Uber. At $150pp, I'm hard pressed to figure out what resort is going to add $270 in additional value.

There aren't any all inclusive resorts in Kaanapali so that makes me think that lunch and drinks aren't included. There are cabanas at the Sheraton, Westin, and Hyatt-- the ones a the Hyatt are fairly useless unless for the pool since the beach is eroded away there. The Westin would be the best case scenario. 

At best you are getting some sort of lunch voucher and at worst you are paying $270 extra for pool access and a beach thats free to go to anyway. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 9/18/2022 at 3:27 PM, shawn.dillon said:

Greetings!

We are going to be in Kaanapali Beach with the RCL Quantum in October 2022. RCL has an excursion on their site called:

Maui Beach Day - Kaanapali Beach

For $189.00 per person. But with no details. 

#1) Has anyone booked this before, or has booked it for the trip in October? Any info on what it includes would be awesome!

#2) One person in our party uses a walker. How difficult is the tendering process with a walker? Also, they would need a shaded place to rest while the rest of the party walks the beach, snorkels, etc... Any recommendations or thoughts on where to rent a cabana or place to rest? 

Shawn - how was it? I booked this for April and am frustrated that there is no information about this excursion anywhere!!! Any help is appreciated. 

Let me give you my experience as I call it "a blast from the past"! On my first Hawaiian sailing on the Norwegian Star back in 2003 there was a "Kaanapali Beach experience" for the price of $69 per person. We ported in Maui so the excursion included a bus ride over to what I believe was the Four Seasons Resort. Each person was given a voucher for one drink. We access to the beach for a period of about four hours. The area was very clean but if you wanted extras like a beach chair then you had to pay for it. The snorkeling in this area was nice. The wife was pretty board but did like her one drink. I have since never returned to Kaanapali beach but did find a great beach when tendering into Lahaina. Will once again do the tender in Lahaina come August. I do find the price for the excursion today rather pricey. Tim

9 hours ago, vivian02 said:

Let me give you my experience as I call it "a blast from the past"! On my first Hawaiian sailing on the Norwegian Star back in 2003 there was a "Kaanapali Beach experience" for the price of $69 per person. We ported in Maui so the excursion included a bus ride over to what I believe was the Four Seasons Resort.

It could not have been the Four Seasons, since that is in South Maui at Wailea, the exact opposite of West Maui and Ka'anapali.

• 2 weeks later...