Cabin 7000 or 7001 Insignia or similar

PSahoy

On our one trip on Insignia we were on side but as far forward as you could get in 7008.  There were times you could see wave while looking out the cabin window.  I totally enjoyed it, but this is a smaller ship and in rough seas this is a possibility.

• Haha 1

I once had 6001 on another R Class ship.  The forward facing gives a different perspective  but the balcony does not have much of a roof, ideal if you like maxium sun, but not if you prefer shade.  If there are tender ports on your itinerary you will be disturbed by the anchor being deployed, and like others have said you will feel the motion if there are rough seas.

We were in 7000 on Nautica back in 2017 doing London to Iceland & Greenland and back. The main thing is you get to watch the crew work on the forward deck and, in tender ports, "hear" the lowering and raising of the anchor. Not an issue for early risers, I suppose. Also, when at sea, you get a lot of wind against the balcony windows so it's usually not usable.

We had a couple storms and rode the waves when the ship was going over them. It's not like being rocked in a cradle on the side staterooms. I thought it was fun. In normal seas, it's no different than anywhere else on board.

• 5 months later...