Is there a way to defer a booking with Carnival without losing money?

Hey all, it's looking likely that my group will have to cancel our upcoming cruise with Carnival due to family issues and we're wondering if there's a way to get a future cruise credit instead of losing our money? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Sharon2539 said:

Hey all, it's looking likely that my group will have to cancel our upcoming cruise with Carnival due to family issues and we're wondering if there's a way to get a future cruise credit instead of losing our money? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The amount you will lose will depend mainly on how far in advance you want to cancel.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sharon2539 said:

But the issues were close contact and china19 related weren't they ?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sharon2539 said:

You would need to ring who you booked with and give them a sob story otherwise you would need to cancel out, lose your deposit and pay another deposit

3 minutes ago, rkmw said:

You would need to ring who you booked with and give them a sob story otherwise you would need to cancel out, lose your deposit and pay 

Have you tried that ? I think they will be paying they laughed at my suggestion.

8 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Have you tried that ? I think they will be paying they laughed at my suggestion.

No I haven’t tried it but worth a try with a sob story otherwise they will need to cancel and rebook

4 hours ago, Hogbay said:

But the issues were close contact and china19 related weren't they ?

That is worth reading-up on Carnival's policy - which I haven't.

Currently for P&O and Princess here, if you were to test positive to covid on your pre-cruise test, you would get a full credit of your fare.

I guess it depends how far out your cruise is. Otherwise, that would be a travel insurance thing for any loss of fare.

25 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That is worth reading-up on Carnival's policy - which I haven't.

Currently for P&O and Princess here, if you were to test positive to covid on your pre-cruise test, you would get a full credit of your fare.

I guess it depends how far out your cruise is. Otherwise, that would be a travel insurance thing for any loss of fare.

You do not need to test positive , a sniffle or a sore throat or a close contact can get you a fcc . A insurance thing ... they look real hard at that cause they do not like giving money back .

30 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

You do not need to test positive , a sniffle or a sore throat or a close contact can get you a fcc . A insurance thing ... they look real hard at that cause they do not like giving money back .

For Carnival, you probably do. They are asking for photos of your rat with your photo ID and a date reference in shot. To be deemed a close contact with anyone outside your family or travel group would involve some sort of notification. As mentioned, you would need to thoroughly need to pick through Carnival's policy before trying to pull a swifty on them.

I am  not talking about covid re claiming insurance. The OP has a reason for needing to defer their cruise. If the reason is covered by insurance, there is a claim.

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

For Carnival, you probably do. They are asking for photos of your rat with your photo ID and a date reference in shot. To be deemed a close contact with anyone outside your family or travel group would involve some sort of notification. As mentioned, you would need to thoroughly need to pick through Carnival's policy before trying to pull a swifty on them.

I am  not talking about covid re claiming insurance. The OP has a reason for needing to defer their cruise. If the reason is covered by insurance, there is a claim.

Leaving Dora next month going to Splendor , l know the requirements.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm in a similar situation. Carnival call centre agent seems quite happy to convert my deposit into future cruise credits, but forgot to ask about expiry dates and if I could use the credit as the second named person in the room (would like to apply any FCC to an existing booking where my wife is the lead name). Any experiences?