Shareholder Benefit

Auntiebe

I think there has been a mistake made on my Shareholder benefit .We we’re credited $100.00 instead of the $250.00 on our 15 day cruise.
I called the number my email supplied and after numerous transfers I was informed that it wasn’t days it had to be nights.So our  cruise is a 15 day/14 night .Iwas told to contact shareholder benefits about it.

I sent a email with a the screen shot from NCL’s web page on Shareholders benefits it states days.I don’t seem to be able to see where it says nights.Waiting to see how this works out.

Has anyone else gone thru something like this or has there been changes and Ncl has updated the web site

2 hours ago, Auntiebe said:

I think there has been a mistake made on my Shareholder benefit .We we’re credited $100.00 instead of the $250.00 on our 15 day cruise.
I called the number my email supplied and after numerous transfers I was informed that it wasn’t days it had to be nights.So our  cruise is a 15 day/14 night .Iwas told to contact shareholder benefits about it.

I sent a email with a the screen shot from NCL’s web page on Shareholders benefits it states days.I don’t seem to be able to see where it says nights.Waiting to see how this works out.

Has anyone else gone thru something like this or has there been changes and Ncl has updated the web site

In my experience and I could be wrong, but I believe a 15 day/14 night cruise counts as a 14 day cruise. For example, if you board the ship on Oct 1 and disembark on October 15, that would be a 14 day cruise.

Another way to look at it is on embarkation day you usually can't board before 11 am. On disembarkation day, you usually have to leave the ship before 9 am. If you put those two days together, they are less than 24 hours combined.

But in any event, I hope you're able to get them to see it your way.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

2 hours ago, Auntiebe said:

Just curious, how is the cruise you're going on described on the NCL website?  For example, I received $250 OBC for my "15-Day Cruise on Norwegian Joy".  Boards Jan 6, ends Jan 21.  That is 15 nights.  And is 15 days as described by Ken the cruiser above.  So it occupies 16 days on a calendar, but is described as a 15-day cruise.  Hope that helps.

(BTW, other cruise lines jump from $100 to $250 benefit at the 14 day mark, but NCL does not - has to be 15 days.)

Edited by jazzydiver
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Auntiebe said:

Jazzydiver it’s listed as a 15 day Panama Canal January 27- February 11 on the Bliss

7 hours ago, Auntiebe said:

I think there has been a mistake made on my Shareholder benefit. We we’re credited $100.00 instead of the $250.00 on our 15 day cruise.
I called the number my email supplied and after numerous transfers I was informed that it wasn’t days it had to be nights. So our cruise is a 15 day/14 night. I was told to contact shareholder benefits about it.

I sent a email with a the screen shot from NCL’s web page on Shareholders benefits it states days. I don’t seem to be able to see where it says nights. Waiting to see how this works out.

Your cruise is definitely a 16-day/15-night cruise as there are definitely 16 days between Jan 27 and Feb 11th, with Feb 10th being the 15th night of the cruise. There is definitely no question about that. I would definitely keep on them and maybe even call that number again.

15-day Cruise to Panama Canal: Mexico & Costa Rica to Miami from Los Angeles, California on Norwegian Bliss (ncl.com)

A little update

I emailed Ncl Shareholders benefit Friday after everyone was so fast to comment on my post.I explained the error .Today they credited me an  1- $100.00 and 1-$50.00 obc according  to the Ncl app and on the web site. Received an amenity confirmation and it says I now have 2-$100.00 and a $50.00 .I’ll wait a couple of days and get ahold of them to find out where the other $100.00 is..Thanks everyone do your help..I’ll keep everyone updated

Edited by Auntiebe

48 minutes ago, Auntiebe said:

A little update

I emailed Ncl Shareholders benefit Friday after everyone was so fast to comment on my post.I explained the error .Today they credited me an  1- $100.00 and 1-$50.00 obc according  to the Ncl app and on the web site. Received an amenity confirmation and it says I now have 2-$100.00 and a $50.00 .I’ll wait a couple of days and get ahold of them to find out where the other $100.00 is..Thanks everyone do your help..I’ll keep everyone updated

Just curious, but doesn't that add up to $250?

12 hours ago, PATRLR said:

If you have $250 in credit, isn't that what you were expecting?

Seeing the Ncl  web site and the app is only showing a total of $150.00 I just want to try and alleviate and headaches down the road

53 minutes ago, Auntiebe said:

Seeing the Ncl  web site and the app is only showing a total of $150.00 I just want to try and alleviate and headaches down the road

Oh, I see now.  You received an e-mail confirmation that says $250 and the web site says $150.   I'd give it another day, sometimes the web site lags behind.

On 9/27/2022 at 2:51 AM, Auntiebe said:

Today they credited me an  1- $100.00 and 1-$50.00 obc according  to the Ncl app and on the web site. Received an amenity confirmation and it says I now have 2-$100.00 and a $50.00 .I’ll wait a couple of days and get ahold of them to find out where the other $100.00 is..Thanks everyone do your help..I’ll keep everyone updated

Have you received any update from NCL? I have the same situation.  My SHB of $250 was granted 2 days ago, but I can only see 1x$100 & 1x$50 in my account.

On Monday I submitted my application for a 15 day Panama Canal cruise in January. In my covering email I always request a confirmation and updated amenity list. I checked my online account on Tuesday and the $250 benefit had been added, but I have not received a confirmation email yet.

How far in advanced of departure to you send in the request for shareholder benefit?  Is there a tab on the NCL home page that you click to upload the confirming documents?  I thought I had read somewhere that if you already have OBC as a cruising perk, you cannot use the additional shareholder benefit.  Its one, or the other.

3 hours ago, 9tee2Sea said:

How far in advanced of departure to you send in the request for shareholder benefit?  Is there a tab on the NCL home page that you click to upload the confirming documents?  I thought I had read somewhere that if you already have OBC as a cruising perk, you cannot use the additional shareholder benefit.  Its one, or the other.

The response seems pretty quick, got mine within a day and a half (showing as 2x50$ credit for a 10 days cruise in my account, didn't received any confirmation email though, so look into your account).

I don't know about the other cruising perk interfering... i think this one is independent from any other cruise credit. 

The form is available here, print, fill and scan (since you need to sign) and send to email on the form (also screenshot your investor statement):

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/623650_-_NCL_Shareholder_Benefit_Request_Form.pdf

Edited by Sim1979
  • Like 1