Onboard cocktail parties

Pablo Diablo

Hi.  Does NCL provide complimentary cocktails or refreshments for the various cocktail receptions you see listed on the dailies (Haven/VIP party, Latitudes c9cktail party, CC meet and greets). For my upcoming cruise, I declined the Free at Sea beverage package because the two family members I’m sailing with don’t drink alcohol. So I’ve bought soda packages and I plan to pay as I go for the occasional beer or cocktail for myself, which will be cheaper than the gratuities on the Free at Sea beverage package for the three of us. But I was wondering if these parties are essentially “open bar”, or if the wait staff ask for your card(s) to swipe? Also, do the provide snacks or hors d’ourves? TIA!

21 minutes ago, Pablo Diablo said:

Hi.  Does NCL provide complimentary cocktails or refreshments for the various cocktail receptions you see listed on the dailies (Haven/VIP party, Latitudes c9cktail party, CC meet and greets). For my upcoming cruise, I declined the Free at Sea beverage package because the two family members I’m sailing with don’t drink alcohol. So I’ve bought soda packages and I plan to pay as I go for the occasional beer or cocktail for myself, which will be cheaper than the gratuities on the Free at Sea beverage package for the three of us. But I was wondering if these parties are essentially “open bar”, or if the wait staff ask for your card(s) to swipe? Also, do the provide snacks or hors d’ourves? TIA!

Haven cocktail parties. Waiters will have an assortment of drinks (wine, sparkling wine, tropical drinks). At the Haven party, they will take special requests. There will be a few hors d'ourves served. But it is whatever you can pick up on a toothpick while standing in the courtyard. 

Latitudes cocktail parties. Waiters will have an assortment of drinks (wine, sparkling wine, tropical drinks). The only special orders I have seen is a bottle of beer instead of a foo foo drink. Snacks are limited to cheese on a toothpick. 

Haven embarkation day: they often will have a tropical drink 

So... you now have three glasses of alcohol for your 7-day cruise. 

• Like 1

We were recently on the Bliss...at the Latitudes cocktail party (as stated above) the waiters had trays of various drinks...however we wanted a cocktail so they told us to go to the bar and we got what we wanted without having to use our card. Once the reception was over they asked for our card.