Ice and lemon slices for a gin and tonic

Blev

If my wife and I would like a quiet gin and tonic in our PV stateroom, how do we get the ice and lemon slices that we enjoy in the drinks? Do we need to get them from one of the bars or is there an easier way?

3 minutes ago, Blev said:

If my wife and I would like a quiet gin and tonic in our PV stateroom, how do we get the ice and lemon slices that we enjoy in the drinks? Do we need to get them from one of the bars or is there an easier way?

Your room steward can give you ice, daily if you want. You can also ask for lemon slices to keep in your fridge—not sure if steward can do that or you can just check with room service. The bars will be happy to give you a stash to put in your fridge as well.

Linda as usual is correct. We always request our steward to keep our ice bucket full (so twice daily) and sometimes have even asked for a second bucket….we’re ‘mericans after all😂.

I’ve usually asked the Living Room bartender to give me a highball glass (it fits in the refrigerator drawer well) with some limes and he has happily done so but on at least one occasion the bartender said, if you call room service they will be happy to bring you some. When it’s empty I take it back for a refill.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blev said:

With Viking and also other cruise lines we have used, the greatest majority of the Cabin Stewards/Stewardesses want to provide you exceptional service.

We had the same Cabin Steward on Viking Sun for 4 months, and his role was to ensure our complete satisfaction. If we wanted anything for the cabin, we mentioned it to him, and he arranged for it to happen. If we wanted lemon slices, he contacted bars or room service, and they were delivered.

If we had other pax coming to the cabin for drinks, we mentioned it to him, and glasses, ice, etc. arrived.

Even if you bring a specific type of glass from the bars 2 days in a row, the Cabin Steward should note the fact, and arrange for them to arrive daily.

Oh Andy, you forget that while the normal Viking Service is exemplary, what you received on your World Cruise is a big step above. Given it’s likely this is the OP’s first Viking experience, don’t set their expectations so high.  In our five 12-14 night cruises on Viking we have never had the  glass service you describe😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Oh Andy, you forget that while the normal Viking Service is exemplary, what you received on your World Cruise is a big step above. Given it’s likely this is the OP’s first Viking experience, don’t set their expectations so high.  In our five 12-14 night cruises on Viking we have never had the  glass service you describe😂

Clay - I do find that surprising, as even on most of our Princess cruises, we had similar service levels from most of the Cabin Stewards, until they increased the number of cabins assigned.

I think that is true about a WC.  The entertainment, enrichment, included and optional shore excursions, local cuisine, bar service have never been as exceptionally wonderful as they were during our WC in 2018.  We have thoroughly enjoyed our many days aboard Viking since that WC but the bar was high!  I am not sure even another WC could match that magic again.

• Like 1

I had bought some limes on shore and when the Viking Steward saw some torn up limes in the fridge he replaced them with fresh lime slices.  Bringing  a bottle of gin on board is a much cheaper method than the Silver Sprits Package for those of us who don't drink a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PasadenaDave said:

I had bought some limes on shore and when the Viking Steward saw some torn up limes in the fridge he replaced them with fresh lime slices.  Bringing  a bottle of gin on board is a much cheaper method than the Silver Sprits Package for those of us who don't drink a lot.

51 minutes ago, LindaS272 said:

As well as much cheaper than a PV with the included mini gin!

Agreed and what we have done several times but you loose the social benefits of hanging out with the fun folks in the bars🍸🍸🍸

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 3