When do you think we will see a new show on QM2/Cunard?

ace2542

All of the shows seems to have been around since at least 2016/17 apart from the Bond themed on that is about 3 years old I think?

Do you think they will roll out a new one by April 23? All 3 ships do the same shows don't they?

Edited by ace2542

• ace2542 changed the title to When do you think we will see a new show on QM2/Cunard?

There are quite a few 'New Show's' on Cunard Line ( introduced shortly before the pandemic of 2020) 

Be our Guest (  as already mentioned by Chart Room Princess) 

Top Hat ( one hour long production ) 

The Marigold Hotel ( another long production) 

These new productions, especially 'Top Hat' cost Millions of pounds to produce , not only the stage scenery, but the costumes ( made to measure for each individual performer)  and not forgetting months & months of rehearsals to fine tune the performance.   

Edited by Bell Boy

47 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

There are quite a few 'New Show's' on Cunard Line ( introduced shortly before the pandemic of 2020) 

These new productions, especially 'Top Hat' cost Millions of pounds to produce , not only the stage scenery, but the costumes ( made to measure for each individual performer)  and not forgetting months & months of rehearsals to fine tune the performance.   

Are Top hat and Marigold Hotel on the QM2? They weren't on during the eastbound T/A Fijords cruise in Aug/Sept? We had Rhythm of the night, Apassionata, Broadway rocks and Be Our Guest which I saw in 2019 which has the music of  PT Barnum from the Greatest Show in it. That is how I know I have seen it before. They didn't do the bond show either on our sailing but done in 2019

Edited by ace2542

58 minutes ago, Chart Room Princess said:

There was a new show called Be Our Guest on the QM2 on my recent September cruise to Norway.

I had seen that one in either 2018 or 2019 19 i think it was. It has the songs from the greatest show in. I think it started in 2019

Edited by ace2542

2 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

Hopefully they didn’t make the costumes pre-Covid - some of the male performers appeared to have put on a few pounds during lockdown!

• Haha 1

Cunard has partnered with Simon Friend Entertainment and will host the performance of Deborah Moggach's The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel aboard the Queen Mary 2 between December 15-22, 2022, according to a press release.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/28377-queen-mary-2-to-host-the-best-exotic-marigold-hotel-performance.html

https://openjaw.com/newsroom/cruise/2022/09/29/cunard-announces-uk-touring-production-of-the-best-exotic-marigold-hotel-on-queen-mary-2/

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1

I saw "Top Hat" very recently.  Earlier in the cruise I was in the choir, run of course by some of the entertainers.  They said that "Top Hat" was the sort of show that made them want a career in dance in the first place, and was one they really enjoyed.

I can see why.  It is high quality and very demanding, both technically and in the dancing skills.  Certainly one of the best I have seen in decades of cruising,

Edited by WestonOne
  • Like 1

I'm gutted about this. We get on QM2 on 22 December in NYC just as the show finishes. Not bothered in the slightest about seeing Paul Nicholas and Rula Lenska, but Hayley Mills has been a great favourite of mine ever since I saw her in Whistle Down The Wind which was filmed in and around my home town.