Price difference between what I see and Princess?

phabric

I have a cruise booked.  I noticed that the price had gone down.  I emailed my agent with a snapshot of the price I see. She said she can not see the price I see and she also called Princess and they can not see that price.

I cleared all the cookies, turned off my Ipad and turned it back on. Googled Princess.com. I do the all the steps to get a cruise and price.  I still see the same price as before.

Is there anything I can do?

14 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have a cruise booked.  I noticed that the price had gone down.  I emailed my agent with a snapshot of the price I see. She said she can not see the price I see and she also called Princess and they can not see that price.

I cleared all the cookies, turned off my Ipad and turned it back on. Googled Princess.com. I do the all the steps to get a cruise and price.  I still see the same price as before.

Is there anything I can do?

It may be a special rate for CC member or State discount, etc. You have a TA or CVP?  Check the rate without signing into your account.  You’ll know if it’s a discount rate for you then, if it’s different.

Sign back in and check the rate again, make a mock booking, do you see a promo code or the booking type?

If the agent has that code, they can go into Polar system and see it.  It may be a promo that is for new bookings only and can’t refare it.  IDK

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, westcoaster said:

One thing I've done in a situation like this is to make a booking and choose the courtesy hold option.  That will generate a booking number that you can quote to the agent.

Exactly what I do and transfer booking to TA and pay deposit when they confirm your price.

22 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It may be a special rate for CC member or State discount, etc. You have a TA or CVP?  Check the rate without signing into your account.  You’ll know if it’s a discount rate for you then, if it’s different.

Sign back in and check the rate again, make a mock booking, do you see a promo code or the booking type?

If the agent has that code, they can go into Polar system and see it.  It may be a promo that is for new bookings only and can’t refare it.  IDK

The cruise I priced shows DEAL - View offer details - $100 shore excursion OBC and 30% discount off cruise fare price for new bookings.  If I log in, it shows a price and if do not log in it is a higher price than log in but a lower price than what I presently have.  I have a big OBC for my booking which I don’t want to loose.

My TA agent said she tried booking as a new booking and it was higher than my booking. 

25 minutes ago, westcoaster said:

One thing I've done in a situation like this is to make a booking and choose the courtesy hold option.  That will generate a booking number that you can quote to the agent.

I have a big OBC on my present booking so do not want to loose it to make another booking.

2 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have a big OBC on my present booking so do not want to loose it to make another booking.

Then you will have to factor in the value of the lost obc to see if it's a value or not.

You can't have it both ways, the new lower price and the perks from the original deal.

• Like 3

We have also seen a discounted rate when logged in to our account that other TAs have not been able to see/find.   I think that there are special targeted rates that are offered directly to Princess cruisers accounts.

Perhaps make the booking or hold, then go to your TA?

They can often offer some OBC, but might not be able to get you as much OBC as Princess had offered on your current booking.  Assuming the OBC is un-refundable promo OBC that is not 'yours' to move to any other booking.

Edited by Wishing on a star

57 minutes ago, phabric said:

The cruise I priced shows DEAL - View offer details - $100 shore excursion OBC and 30% discount off cruise fare price for new bookings.  If I log in, it shows a price and if do not log in it is a higher price than log in but a lower price than what I presently have.  I have a big OBC for my booking which I don’t want to loose.

My TA agent said she tried booking as a new booking and it was higher than my booking. 

Then it is specific to you and the TA can’t do a refare then. If they rebook you would lose your promos and get the new ones with your new booking.

But, the DEAL would probably be for new bookings only, if you read the terms. 

So, weigh your options.