MSC Seascape

Ofmyheart

On 10/4/2022 at 10:01 AM, NMsunset said:

Yes, Seascape is a MSC for Me high technology vessel. 

We will be on the inaugural run from Italy to NYC as well.

Note, the 07DEC event in NYC 

We are on the full inaugural also.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, blueslily said:

Will be sailing on her in February for my birthday cruise. Wanted to give her a few cruises for the kinks to be worked out! Hahaha. 

Good thinking!  We will be doing our spring break cruise in March on Seascape.  We loved Seaside - our favorite ship to date.

2 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Good thinking!  We will be doing our spring break cruise in March on Seascape.  We loved Seaside - our favorite ship to date.

Oh man, you all are brave. I try to stay away from those peak timefrmaes for cruising. It just doesnt work for me. 

I've not sailed on the Seaside. I loved the Seashore. There were a couple layout decisions that had me shaking my head a bit when on the ship due to the confusion caused by some of the public areas not really flowing well. The layout could have been better for going from one space to another or finding a certain venue. But other than that, I loved the ship and the staff was great. Certainly excited to try out the new ship! 

28 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Oh man, you all are brave. I try to stay away from those peak timefrmaes for cruising. It just doesnt work for me. 

😆 Not so much "brave" as unfortunately bound by our school schedule.  Both DH and I work in the school system, so we have limited 'other' time to take off.  I am 'selfishly' taking 4 days off for a birthday cruise in January.  Of course, we always have our balcony to escape to on school breaks.  We cruise any break we get when we can afford it.  

2 hours ago, APDMOM said:

😆 Not so much "brave" as unfortunately bound by our school schedule.  Both DH and I work in the school system, so we have limited 'other' time to take off.  I am 'selfishly' taking 4 days off for a birthday cruise in January.  Of course, we always have our balcony to escape to on school breaks.  We cruise any break we get when we can afford it.  

Oh, I see. Yes, I have some family that were in a similar situation. They both retired at the end of the last school year. It was the first time that they got to enjoy some flexibility in traveling in many years and could travel off peak time to save some money. Now one is back working part time in a school system in their new state. Hopefully part-time will allow her a little more flexibility.

I love birthday cruises! Enjoy 

Definitely not selfish 🌞

On 10/4/2022 at 10:01 AM, NMsunset said:

Yes, Seascape is a MSC for Me high technology vessel. 

We will be on the inaugural run from Italy to NYC as well.

Note, the 07DEC event in NYC 

What does the Seascape do after NYC? Does it deadhead to Miami, or is there a special cruise event between NYC and Miami?

• Like 1

Would anyone know or like to speculate if the Coast Guard inspection will take in NYC and/or in Miami? Wondering what sort of embarkation day we might have boarding in Miami on Dec.11. Also, anyone on this sailing have an early boarding time? Ours was moved to an even later time. Thanks!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gatorima said:

Would anyone know or like to speculate if the Coast Guard inspection will take in NYC and/or in Miami? Wondering what sort of embarkation day we might have boarding in Miami on Dec.11. Also, anyone on this sailing have an early boarding time? Ours was moved to an even later time. Thanks!

Not an expert, but I'd THINK the inspection would occur in the first US port of NYC since it's then going on to another US port (MIA) and should already have been inspected to sailo in US waters...

On 10/20/2022 at 12:08 AM, Av8tor said:

On 10/19/2022 at 12:26 PM, gatorima said:

Is anyone from US boarding in New York?  Not an expert either, but I would make an educated guess that the main inspections will be where the first turnaround is - new passengers from a USA-based passenger manifest as well as crew paperwork inspection.  If that is Miami - just go with the flow and be prepared for delays.