Fulton Street Cruise Parking Question

yancycruiser

We have parked at Fulton Street Garage on many occasions with excellent results.   However, in the past, we have parked then took elevator down with all our luggage and carry-ons.  Now at our age, it would be more convenient if I dropped off my off and luggage where the vans pick us up and then park with no luggage to carry down.  Can I do this without any issues?

Thank you in advance.

We park there every cruise.

Here’s a pro tip for you.

Drop off your luggage and other passengers at the dock then go park. Ride the shuttle back over solo. By the time you get to the port everything is checked in.

There are bathrooms at the port outside and benches to sit at. You can all then board together 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The porter will come right to your car and take the luggage. There are benches right there where you can walk her over to have a seat.

While it is busy it is not near as crazy Miami. You should be able to make sure your wife is settled. My son had a broken leg (in a wheelchair) when we first did this and everyone was very accommodating 

We will be using this garage for the first time. I have conflicting driving directions.  Do we enter the garage from Andrew Higgins Blvd. or from S. Diamond Street?

I also see conflicting info on the reservation confirmation.  In one place, it says to scan the bar code to get a ticket and then park the car.  In another place it says when arriving we must check in with the garage attendant before entering the garage and do not take a ticket before checking in with the attendant.  For those who have used this facility, what is the correct procedure?

No worries at all.

Enter off convention center blvd. There will be an attendant standing there. Show them your reservation (print off) and they will get you a ticket. Then you go park, leave the ticket and email on the dash. 

Andrew Higgins Blvd and Diamond run parallel to each other on either side of the parking garage. 

Have a great trip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, saltshell said:

Attempting to book indoor parking at Fulton and having difficulty. Can someone send me a link please  

St Greg explains the process:

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/new-orleans-parking/

I followed his instructions:  

You can book your parking at Fulton on http://www.neworleansparking.com . Make sure you select cruise parking and Fulton Garage covered or rooftop parking.

You have to select reservations at the top of the page.  You will be taken to this page:

https://www.neworleansparking.com/reservation/index

Fill out the form.

9 minutes ago, saltshell said:

Thanks Rocketman! Reservation completed.

Glad I was able to help.   I was confused myself until I discovered that in order to get to the cruise parking,  you had to click on the reservations tab at the top center.

BTW, when I first made my reservation, I intended to get to the port around 0930 so I reserved my parking spot for a corresponding time.  When I later decided to delay arriving at the port, I returned to the reservation spot and changed my expected arrival time at fulton.  To my surprise, I received a credit on my credit card for the lesser time.   

Edited by RocketMan275

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 6:03 PM, nydney1 said:

No worries at all.

Enter off convention center blvd. There will be an attendant standing there. Show them your reservation (print off) and they will get you a ticket. Then you go park, leave the ticket and email on the dash. 

Andrew Higgins Blvd and Diamond run parallel to each other on either side of the parking garage. 

Have a great trip

Just adding a little more info to your post. The parking attendants are inside up the ramp.

On 11/12/2022 at 8:53 AM, nydney1 said:

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The porter will come right to your car and take the luggage. There are benches right there where you can walk her over to have a seat.

While it is busy it is not near as crazy Miami. You should be able to make sure your wife is settled. My son had a broken leg (in a wheelchair) when we first did this and everyone was very accommodating 

My first solo trip upcoming this spring.  Think I may go drop off my suitcase before going to Fulton. Thanks for the advice.

On 11/14/2022 at 6:03 PM, nydney1 said:

No worries at all.

Have a great trip

10 hours ago, pinklucky61 said:

Just adding a little more info to your post. The parking attendants are inside up the ramp.

Question:  How easy is it to transport your luggage from where you park to the shuttle area?

I've heard the stairways are narrow and the elevator is very slow.

Can you drop your luggage at the entrance and have one person stay with it while the other person parks the car?

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Question:  How easy is it to transport your luggage from where you park to the shuttle area?

Can you drop your luggage at the entrance and have one person stay with it while the other person parks the car?

Yes you could. The shuttle pickup is just to the side of the building. You would want to drop off there and not at the entrance of the garage.

I would recommend dropping your luggage off directly at the port so you don’t have to schlep it around at all. You could still drop your luggage and both still ride the shuttle

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

That's what we usually do.  I park on rooftop, saves a little money, and don't garage my car at home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nydney1 said:

Yes you could. The shuttle pickup is just to the side of the building. You would want to drop off there and not at the entrance of the garage.

I would recommend dropping your luggage off directly at the port so you don’t have to schlep it around at all. You could still drop your luggage and both still ride the shuttle

Thank you but I rather avoid driving at the port.

I would consider that if we were on Carnival but we're on NCL and it would be a bit out of the way.

Edited by RocketMan275

I can't remember which level we parked on, maybe 6.  We parked near the elevator but didn't realize until we got our luggage out of the car that there were a few steps up to the elevator, but we managed it.  Not sure how to get to the parking spots that were level with the elevator, maybe had to start back down.  Anyway, directions to the garage were confusing - google maps was directing us to the wrong side of the building.  What worked for us was to come down Charles Street to Harmony Circle and get onto Andrew Higgins Blvd.  Turn left onto S.Peters St., then right onto S. Diamond St.  You can drop your passenger and luggage on Diamond St. at the  entrance door to the garage building.  That is where the shuttle will pick you up.  Then turn right onto Convention Center Blvd. and right into the garage.  Someone will be at the top of the ramp to take your paperwork and direct you.  It was really very easy.

18 minutes ago, Katie H said:

I can't remember which level we parked on, maybe 6.  We parked near the elevator but didn't realize until we got our luggage out of the car that there were a few steps up to the elevator, but we managed it.  Not sure how to get to the parking spots that were level with the elevator, maybe had to start back down.  Anyway, directions to the garage were confusing - google maps was directing us to the wrong side of the building.  What worked for us was to come down Charles Street to Harmony Circle and get onto Andrew Higgins Blvd.  Turn left onto S.Peters St., then right onto S. Diamond St.  You can drop your passenger and luggage on Diamond St. at the  entrance door to the garage building.  That is where the shuttle will pick you up.  Then turn right onto Convention Center Blvd. and right into the garage.  Someone will be at the top of the ramp to take your paperwork and direct you.  It was really very easy.

Thanks for the detailed directions.  I was just getting ready to ask where the shuttle pick up was.

Just noticed you live in Guntersville.  We're in Huntsville but we lived a couple of years in Grant.  That was when we were into fishing.  You know Rudi Cornelius?

Edited by RocketMan275

On 1/14/2023 at 5:04 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Thanks for the detailed directions.  I was just getting ready to ask where the shuttle pick up was.

Just noticed you live in Guntersville.  We're in Huntsville but we lived a couple of years in Grant.  That was when we were into fishing.  You know Rudi Cornelius?

No don't know him.  Our daughter lives in Huntsville which is what brought us here 9 years ago.

35 minutes ago, Katie H said:

No don't know him.  Our daughter lives in Huntsville which is what brought us here 9 years ago.

I worked with Rudi and his wife before I retired.  You picked a very nice place, Guntersville, to retire.

Thanks for the information on Fulton.  Now I know where to drop the bags.  Appreciate that.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1

Totally confused regarding parking. We are driving in to Galveston and sailing on the Ruby Princess. Are there parking garages at the terminals? Do these require reservations? We are so use to Ft. Lauderdale and know nothing about Galveston parking. We are both 79 and would prefer as close as possible.

Thanks