Free “jewelry”on ship?

27 minutes ago, Joyfulcruiset said:

Do the stores on board have free “jewelry” give aways? On other cruise lines I have gotten necklaces or earrings. I gave them to my granddaughter. She seemed to like them. 

I was on liberrty at the pizza place and across was a long long line. I think for a free charm of the day. No way I'm waiting that long for a charm I dont know is solid gold. 

Diamonds International (a mainstay at all ports, it would seem) gives a free gift to cruisers.  It's a silver whale tail (or maybe mermaid tail?) pendant.  You can buy a silver chain to match for $10, if you like.  

Not what you asked, but I won a magnet on our last cruise.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Diamonds International (a mainstay at all ports, it would seem) gives a free gift to cruisers.  It's a silver whale tail (or maybe mermaid tail?) pendant.  You can buy a silver chain to match for $10, if you like.  

Not what you asked, but I won a magnet on our last cruise.  

RCL is no longer connected with Diamonds International.  Found this out during our cruise back in August.  The new jewelry company is Eafy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crazyank said:

RCL is no longer connected with Diamonds International.  Found this out during our cruise back in August.  The new jewelry company is Eafy.

Diamonds International gave us the free pendant in September, but they also didn't ask us which ship brought us to shore.  I like the pendant.  

Does Effy give out free stuff to get you in the door? 

In May I got an invitation to come to the Effy store for a free gift. It was a tiny red crystal solitaire on a chain. I doubt the chain is silver. This was on the Wonder.  I wore it to dinner, as I had brought any necklaces, but other than that, I doubt I'll wear it again.

3 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Diamonds International gave us the free pendant in September, but they also didn't ask us which ship brought us to shore.  I like the pendant.  

Does Effy give out free stuff to get you in the door? 

Cheap silver or gold colored plastic.

6 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I don't think anyone believes you're going to get heirloom quality things as a gifty-gift.  But why put it down? 

It's an insult to my integrity. I don't expect quality but I'm expecting more than a two cents piece of cheap plastic.