Clamshells on GSC can now be booked online in advance and the shore excursion credit can be used to cover the cost.

JAFA13

I just tried booking a Clam Shell using my $50 shore excursion credit. It clearly showed my $50 shore excursion credit would be applied (my name only checked). When I went to check out is came up at a total price of $40.50 and asked for my credit card info.  I spoke to an agent who told me the Shore Excursion Credit must be at least $50 or more.  I could not apply this to the Clam shell.

1 hour ago, mauitiki said:

I just tried booking a Clam Shell using my $50 shore excursion credit. It clearly showed my $50 shore excursion credit would be applied (my name only checked). When I went to check out is came up at a total price of $40.50 and asked for my credit card info.  I spoke to an agent who told me the Shore Excursion Credit must be at least $50 or more.  I could not apply this to the Clam shell.

Call back and speak to another agent.  I was able to do it online with no problem.  45.00, less 10% silver discount was 40.50 and the 50.00 credit was applied.  I got the email confirmation a bit later.

3 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Call back and speak to another agent.  I was able to do it online with no problem.  45.00, less 10% silver discount was 40.50 and the 50.00 credit was applied.  I got the email confirmation a bit later.

Did you have to give any CC info?

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I also just spoke to someone and he said that it just changed in the last day or two and they now consider the clam shells and things like paddle boards to be rentals, which are not subject to application of the shore excursion credit.  So those who booked it with the shore excursion credit must have done it prior to this weekend or whenever the system was updated to no longer allow it.     

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MountainMermaid said:

I also just spoke to someone and he said that it just changed in the last day or two and they now consider the clam shells and things like paddle boards to be rentals, which are not subject to application of the shore excursion credit.  So those who booked it with the shore excursion credit must have done it prior to this weekend or whenever the system was updated to no longer allow it.     

Par for the course with NCL, offer people something and then take it away.  Luckily we were able to get one for our January Encore cruise.

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Par for the course with NCL, offer people something and then take it away.  Luckily we were able to get one for our January Encore cruise.

My gut feeling was that it was a glitch from the start, they've never allowed shore excursion credits to be applied to rentals on GSC (paddle boards etc), so i'm pretty happy I managed to snag one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bortman23 said:

My gut feeling was that it was a glitch from the start, they've never allowed shore excursion credits to be applied to rentals on GSC (paddle boards etc), so i'm pretty happy I managed to snag one.

Me too!   Much thanks to OP.  Very happy I read this thread and was able to use the shore exc credit to rent our clamshell.  It can be tough to find shade on GSC😎

1 hour ago, bortman23 said:

Yes, I stated it the way he phrased it... which made it out to sound like it all was a new change, but I agree that it probably was never supposed to go back to the old way on the clamshells and they just figured it out and "fixed" it.  At some point there will be another update that also takes the "shore excursion credit will be applied" statement off of the clamshells booking page, but it still shows that for me even though it isn't true.  Glad some were able to take advantage while the credit could be applied!  

23 hours ago, MountainMermaid said:

Yes, I stated it the way he phrased it... which made it out to sound like it all was a new change, but I agree that it probably was never supposed to go back to the old way on the clamshells and they just figured it out and "fixed" it.  At some point there will be another update that also takes the "shore excursion credit will be applied" statement off of the clamshells booking page, but it still shows that for me even though it isn't true.  Glad some were able to take advantage while the credit could be applied!  

Honestly, i've seen that "shore excursion credit will be applied" on the paddleboards before, but every time I've gone to book it, it doesn't apply. Which is how I originally discovered that rentals can't have the credit applied. That seems like a glitch that won't seem to go away lol

• 10 months later...

How do I get it to apply my shore excursion credit when I book it.  It is asking me for my credit card information.  It looks like I can select to pay by credit card or by NCL gift card.  Do I select the gift card option, even though it's an excursion credit and not a gift card?  I would have thought that it would have just recognized that I had this shore excursion credit and just add it automatically at check-out.

3 hours ago, cruiser3017 said:

How do I get it to apply my shore excursion credit when I book it.  It is asking me for my credit card information.  It looks like I can select to pay by credit card or by NCL gift card.  Do I select the gift card option, even though it's an excursion credit and not a gift card?  I would have thought that it would have just recognized that I had this shore excursion credit and just add it automatically at check-out.

If you're talking about renting a clamshell and paying for it using your shore credit, I believe that the loophole that had previously allowed that for a short period of time is now closed.  Also, any credit you receive is 50.00 towards the first person only on your cabin reservation and if there is a second person he or she gets zero.

4 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

If you're talking about renting a clamshell and paying for it using your shore credit, I believe that the loophole that had previously allowed that for a short period of time is now closed.  Also, any credit you receive is 50.00 towards the first person only on your cabin reservation and if there is a second person he or she gets zero.

Just to verify the above...  within NCL Promotional Terms and Conditions it states:

• For port calls in Great Stirrup Cay and Harvest Caye, the promotion and $50 Shore Excursion Credit does not apply to equipment rentals.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Just to verify the above...  within NCL Promotional Terms and Conditions it states:

• For port calls in Great Stirrup Cay and Harvest Caye, the promotion and $50 Shore Excursion Credit does not apply to equipment rentals.

Thank you!  Several posters have made this clear now.  I was considering an equipment rental to be a wave mat or snorkel gear, not the clamshell, because the clamshell was listed as a "shore excursion", which in my opinion, should qualify for the excursion discount.  If you're going to call it an excursion.  They shouldn't have it listed that way.  They should just wait until people arrive and then just rent it out like they do all other "equipment" (like the umbrellas) at the rental kiosk at GSC.

Edited by cruiser3017

5 hours ago, cruiser3017 said:

Thank you!  Several posters have made this clear now.  I was considering an equipment rental to be a wave mat or snorkel gear, not the clamshell, because the clamshell was listed as a "shore excursion", which in my opinion, should qualify for the excursion discount.  If you're going to call it an excursion.  They shouldn't have it listed that way.  They should just wait until people arrive and then just rent it out like they do all other "equipment" (like the umbrellas) at the rental kiosk at GSC.

There was a certain time period about a year or so that you were able to use the 50.00 shore excursion credit towards the clam shells.  We did it for our January 2023 Encore sailing.  Of course rough seas caused us to miss the port and it became a missed opportunity.

Edited by CruizinSusan70