Clamshells on GSC can now be booked online in advance and the shore excursion credit can be used to cover the cost.

JAFA13

That’s great news because I was already wondering what on earth to do with the excursion credit at that port! Went to check it immediately and the only thing which seems strange is that the duration is 1hrs. And the ”excursion” starts at 7:01. Oh well, must be some computer thing again…I’d assume the clamshell is yours for the duration of the day. 

Would anyone know how the clamshells are distributed during the day? First come first serve, whoever comes first decides on the location of their clamshell? As we are a family of four we need two of those clamshells and obviously it would be nice if they’d be next to each other 😊

82435C3D-321B-4252-A063-591AA31844DA.jpeg

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

3 minutes ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

... And the ”excursion” starts at 7:01. Oh well, must be some computer thing again…I’d assume the clamshell is yours for the duration of the day....

they do that with cabanas & villas, too. This is so you can book real excursions otherwise the whole day is blocked

• Thanks 1

Your clamshell reservation(s) will serve tender tickets to be among the first or second group to go ashore, each double-decker boat can take up to 400 passengers ... you will get instructions or info on where to meet and what time.  

There are hundreds, if not thousands of them near the beach and not far from the tender pier, pick the ones you like & the shore team will open them & set it up for you as needed.  The vented ones are better to allow for air circulation under the hot sun & strong UV lights, bring your high SPF tan protection products & beach sandals to walk on top of the hot sand.  

PXL_20220330_175058464.MP.jpg

PXL_20220330_171931684.jpg

PXL_20220330_172052960.MP.jpg

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JAFA13 said:

I was checking excursions in GSC and noticed clamshells can now be booked in advance online. Cost is $45 but the shore excursion credit can be used. 

Thank you for the new information.   I will be sure to reserve one as soon as our excursions open up for our Encore sailing.

Awesome.  thanks for posting this.  Just booked one for my cruise next week.  You used to be able to use the cruise credit on the clamshells, but they changed the rule at some point to not allow it.  I'm glad it's back

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAFA13 said:

I was checking excursions in GSC and noticed clamshells can now be booked in advance online. Cost is $45 but the shore excursion credit can be used. 

Great News! Since the restart a year ago, they considered a clamshell a "rental" and not a "shore excursion" and did not allow you to use the ShoreEx credit. Happy that they are back to the "old normal"

NCL wins the flip-flop award for Q3 of 2022 in reversing their silly policy ... will this be the end of stories.  Probably not.  For now, let's just hope they are consistent in applying the shorex credit.  The dining package has been a mess in recent years with exclusion, exceptions and extras - among corporate's cruise consultants, CruiseNext staff onboard, the server team and the manager on duty, etc. Consistently inconsistent is what they are known for 🙄 

For the time being, the news is a welcomed and values-added one to some, not all - if and when the ship scheduled to call on GSC is able to make a stop there to tender.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Awesome.  thanks for posting this.  Just booked one for my cruise next week.  You used to be able to use the cruise credit on the clamshells, but they changed the rule at some point to not allow it.  I'm glad it's back

Exactly,  I grabbed one in Dec 21 thinking it was included like in previous cruises and they charged me $45 and wouldn't apply the excursion credit.  I'm also glad it's back.

15 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Your clamshell reservation(s) will serve tender tickets to be among the first or second group to go ashore, each double-decker boat can take up to 400 passengers ... you will get instructions or info on where to meet and what time.  

There are hundreds, if not thousands of them near the beach and not far from the tender pier, pick the ones you like & the shore team will open them & set it up for you as needed.  The vented ones are better to allow for air circulation under the hot sun & strong UV lights, bring your high SPF tan protection products & beach sandals to walk on top of the hot sand.  

PXL_20220330_175058464.MP.jpg

PXL_20220330_171931684.jpg

PXL_20220330_172052960.MP.jpg

Thanks for the info and the photos. Can you go straight to the clamshells when you get to the island or do you need to check in at the rental desk (or another area)?

I just went to the app and tried to do this for my upcoming cruise in February and the clamshells did not appear under the excursions.  I checked ncl.com too and couldn’t find it there either.

I wonder if this is just available on certain sailings.  Or if it was just a fluke that they were offering it yesterday and changed their minds.

22 hours ago, JAFA13 said:

Norweigian newbie here!!! I just tried to booked one and they charged me double...  wanted another payment on my cc.... am i doing something wrong?

14 minutes ago, loving goldens said:

Norweigian newbie here!!! I just tried to booked one and they charged me double...  wanted another payment on my cc.... am i doing something wrong?

When you make the reservation, both names are automatically checked. You only need to check one. Uncheck the second name, and you're good. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hmmcminn said:

I just went to the app and tried to do this for my upcoming cruise in February and the clamshells did not appear under the excursions.  I checked ncl.com too and couldn’t find it there either.

I wonder if this is just available on certain sailings.  Or if it was just a fluke that they were offering it yesterday and changed their minds.

I was able to find it. Is there a limited number available?

image.thumb.png.5928af9fb5194409bc5fc90062e5d998.png

1 hour ago, Swells1 said:

I was able to find it. Is there a limited number available?

image.thumb.png.5928af9fb5194409bc5fc90062e5d998.png

I'm not sure the answer to your question. I'm posting because I notice your cost is $35 where mine was $45.  It is irrelevant, of course, since the shore excursion credit is against it, but not so much for people who want to get more than one for more than 2 in their cabin.

Edited by cruiseinfoseeker

22 hours ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

I'm not sure the answer to your question. I'm posting because I notice your cost is $35 where mine was $45.  It is irrelevant, of course, since the shore excursion credit is against it, but not so much for people who want to get more than one for more than 2 in their cabin.

I guess it could be due to loyalty status discounts?

• Discounts on Shore Excursions10% for Silver - Platinum, 15% for Platinum Plus, 20% for Ambassador