Clamshells on GSC can now be booked online in advance and the shore excursion credit can be used to cover the cost.

JAFA13

1 minute ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

I guess it could be due to loyalty status discounts?

• Discounts on Shore Excursions10% for Silver - Platinum, 15% for Platinum Plus, 20% for Ambassador

perhaps, but I am platinum and mine shows the full $45 in that area. ALSO, I see $109 for the zipline and that is the same as I have.

I think more likely it could be the ship and time at port?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

I guess it could be due to loyalty status discounts?

• Discounts on Shore Excursions10% for Silver - Platinum, 15% for Platinum Plus, 20% for Ambassador

Hmm... It was the same price for my mom's cabin and mine. She's gold and I'm platinum. Ten percent of $45 wouldn't total a $10 discount. I assumed it was because it was a smaller ship (the Sky) and odds of running out are slimmer. 

It looks like the prices differ between the generic excursion listing on NCL’s page and the excursion listing for your specific cruise. 

I just checked ours. The clamshell rental on NCL’s generic excursion page is $48.40 CAD but when going through my booked cruise, the clamshell rental is $62 CAD. sorry I can’t see it in USD but it shows how they are different prices. If the loyalty status came into play, going through the booked cruise where I’m logged in to my account would be lower but it’s not, so loyalty discount doesn’t come into play here. Not sure why it’s higher for the booked cruises other than maybe it’s based on length of cruise. Mine’s a 10 day. Although that doesn’t make sense either. 

Question: if I use my $50 excursion credit to book the clamshell then later want to cancel and book a different excursion, does the credit get returned so I can apply it to the new excursion? 

didn’t want to book the clamshell now if it can’t be cancelled/refunded. 

3 hours ago, MissRabbit said:

Question: if I use my $50 excursion credit to book the clamshell then later want to cancel and book a different excursion, does the credit get returned so I can apply it to the new excursion? 

didn’t want to book the clamshell now if it can’t be cancelled/refunded. 

The current FAS excursion promo is per excursion, not per port. So even if you don't cancel the clamshell you should get the $50 on another one (etc., etc.,)

Of course you have to read the terms of the credit for your booking (and if not US it also may be different)

3 hours ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

The current FAS excursion promo is per excursion, not per port. So even if you don't cancel the clamshell you should get the $50 on another one (etc., etc.,)

Of course you have to read the terms of the credit for your booking (and if not US it also may be different)

thanks! I read the fine print and yep, it’s per excursion. That helps tremendously 🙂

4 hours ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

Thank you for pointing out per excursion! I just booked a clamshell for March Encore cruise. We have two rooms so I'm going to get my husband to do the same under the 2nd room! No risk! 

I was at GSC in August and asked for an umbrella/clamshell on board and they had no issue doing it on the ship and there were plenty. They gave me a map to show where they were located and it gave the impression they were central to most things. However, once we got on the island I noticed they are only set up to the very far right of the first beach, away from the food, bathrooms and music. We were traveling with a young child and definitely preferred to be closer to the other amenities and kids so she could play so returned the voucher and were not charged. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Did not say it mattered or not I asked WHEN it changed.  Also, it does matter if one needs multiple clamshells... 🙂

If you're trying to save money by cramming four people into a cabin, then you can certainly pay the cost of the second clamshell minus whatever discount you're entitled to.

As to when, how about post COVID, that's when many prices have escalated across multiple cruise lines.

13 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

If you're trying to save money by cramming four people into a cabin, then you can certainly pay the cost of the second clamshell minus whatever discount you're entitled to.

As to when, how about post COVID, that's when many prices have escalated across multiple cruise lines.

I never said what the cabin arrangements were, I simply said I would need two clam shells.  Besides the cabin arrangement is totally irrelevant.  FYI, there are many cabin that comfortably fit as many as six.  Ever hear of the Haven and Suites?  Lastly it is not a matter of what I can or cannot afford.  I simply asked WHEN the price increased which no one has answered yet.

50 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

I never said what the cabin arrangements were, I simply said I would need two clam shells.  Besides the cabin arrangement is totally irrelevant.  FYI, there are many cabin that comfortably fit as many as six.  Ever hear of the Haven and Suites?  Lastly it is not a matter of what I can or cannot afford.  I simply asked WHEN the price increased which no one has answered yet.

Since no one on these boards is a bean counter with NCL, no one can give you the definitive answer you're seeking.  But I did hypothesize that the change was made summer of 2021 after cruising resumed post Covid.

The cabin arrangement is totally relevant.  You get one clam shell for free which will accommodate two people.  If you're staying in a suite or the Haven and you need additional clam shells, you can certainly afford the 45.00 less your latitudes discount for a second clamshell.

We're at GSC on Dec 17, 2019 and clam shell rental were still priced at $40 and valid using shorex credit ... GEM overnighted in PC.  

Then, COVID shortly to thereafter ...

IMG_20191217_135018142.jpg

IMG_20191217_180601311.jpg

Edited by mking8288

Does anyone know why it’s asking for a credit card to charge me 38.25? I am sapphire and know I get a discount but I would like to use the FAS credit. It says I can use it but when trying to check out it wants a credit card! I have no other tours booked that day. 

21 minutes ago, Jerzzygirl said:

Does anyone know why it’s asking for a credit card to charge me 38.25? I am sapphire and know I get a discount but I would like to use the FAS credit. It says I can use it but when trying to check out it wants a credit card! I have no other tours booked that day. 

Make sure only one name is checked. The clamshell accommodates two people. 

On 10/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Since no one on these boards is a bean counter with NCL, no one can give you the definitive answer you're seeking.  But I did hypothesize that the change was made summer of 2021 after cruising resumed post Covid.

The cabin arrangement is totally relevant.  You get one clam shell for free which will accommodate two people.  If you're staying in a suite or the Haven and you need additional clam shells, you can certainly afford the 45.00 less your latitudes discount for a second clamshell.

It is easy to deduce from the numerous people who post here.  One does not have to be an accountant for NCL to figure out when the price went up.  Similar to when they went from Pepsi to Coke products.  Simple observation.

Edited by MoCruiseFan

On 10/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

What one can afford or not isn't the question.  Many cabins other than those cited handle four people easily.