New Solo Cabins on Oceania R-class ships?

dindovina

4 hours ago, jonthomas said:

We have a friend who is 6'7"..what is the length of the bed? Do beds even come that length. Never considered it for ourselves. We are 5'7 and 5'1".But he is very concerned, rightly so. 

He could possibly sleep diagonally across the bed but apart from that he is in trouble.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jonthomas said:

We have a friend who is 6'7"..what is the length of the bed? Do beds even come that length. Never considered it for ourselves. We are 5'7 and 5'1".But he is very concerned, rightly so. 

Most beds are 75 or 80 " unless you have a large king which might be 84 "

Based on my cruise in April on Sirena, I would NOT wait to book one of those solo rooms if you want it.  Our cruise is still almost 6 months out, and there are a grand total of 3 rooms to be booked, plus one Oceanview category (C-1) is showing GTY.  All other categories are wait listed.  I don't know which rooms are available for solo, but at one point I saw a separate line listing for those.  Right now only there's only one D category room open -  3009 is vacant.  Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if that's a solo room?  (This is on Sirena, "R" ship).  The solo rooms are smaller than the inside rooms, but they don't look all that different than the F inside rooms that my spouse and I love. 

7 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Based on my cruise in April on Sirena, I would NOT wait to book one of those solo rooms if you want it.  Our cruise is still almost 6 months out, and there are a grand total of 3 rooms to be booked, plus one Oceanview category (C-1) is showing GTY.  All other categories are wait listed.  I don't know which rooms are available for solo, but at one point I saw a separate line listing for those.  Right now only there's only one D category room open -  3009 is vacant.  Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if that's a solo room?  (This is on Sirena, "R" ship).  The solo rooms are smaller than the inside rooms, but they don't look all that different than the F inside rooms that my spouse and I love. 

The solos on the R-ships used to be E category and are now S category. The price doesn't show online unless you do a dummy booking and change the number of passengers to 1.

If you just want an estimate without the dummy booking, the price will often be halfway between the D and F category price.

Edited by AMHuntFerry

16 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if that's a solo room?  (This is on Sirena, "R" ship).  The solo rooms are smaller than the inside rooms, but they don't look all that different than the F inside rooms that my spouse and I love. 

The  new solo Cabins are the Obstructed ones on deck 6   cabins 6030 to 6049

143 sq ft

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dwtlion said:

Question about the showers in the new solo cabins. Are they the same tiny size as those in concierge and lower cabins. In the one diagram it looks like they might be bigger.

The one on the website is wrong. See post #9 for the correct schematic.

• 3 weeks later...

We have occupied those cabins on past cruises and really liked the layout of the cabin.  Due to the location of the bathroom, the floor space is surprisingly good.  There is lots of space to put things.  The best cabins are 6046 and 6049 & 6030 and 6033 as the windows are less obstructed by the lifeboats.   Great location on the ship - midship 6th floor.

15 hours ago, aussietwo said:

We have occupied those cabins on past cruises and really liked the layout of the cabin.  Due to the location of the bathroom, the floor space is surprisingly good.  There is lots of space to put things.  The best cabins are 6046 and 6049 & 6030 and 6033 as the windows are less obstructed by the lifeboats.   Great location on the ship - midship 6th floor.

I can also recommend 6039. You get a reasonable view between lifeboats.

17 hours ago, aussietwo said:

Great, thanks - will be in 6030 in four weeks (for 35 days)