Travel to Australia and New Zealand

Will be doing a B2B2B out of Sydney Australia in Feb 2023. What are the visa requirements for Australia and New Zealand and where do you obtain them? I'm sure there a a number of members who are taking the same trip who have this knowledge or have traveled to these destinations before. Your help is greatly appreciated. 

My last trip there I obtained what they call ETAs, or Electronic Travel Authorizations.  It's all online.  I can't recall exactly how I did it, but check with each country's visa requirements and the application should be there. The Google will get you there.

The immigration authorities then have the information digitally and as soon as they scan your passport the ETA pops up and you are good to go.

Edited by SargassoPirate

Found this on Princess:

New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority

Most guests, excluding Australian and New Zealand passport holders, are required to obtain a New Zealand visa or an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) to visit New Zealand after October 1, 2019. To determine your visa requirements for New Zealand, please visit https://www.immigration.govt.nz/ or download the ETA mobile app. ETA requests may be submitted via the app or at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/nzeta. Most visitors to New Zealand will also be subject to a $35.00 NZD International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL). This fee enables multiple entries into New Zealand and is payable at the time you obtain your visa or ETA. Guests are required to obtain a New Zealand visa or ETA independently in advance of their cruise and bring a printed copy to cruise check-in. Guests who require one and do not present it at cruise check-in may be denied boarding.

Australian Visa/Electronic Travel Authority (Eta)

All guests, excluding Australian and New Zealand passport holders, are required to obtain an Australian visa or ETA. To determine your visa requirements for Australia, please visit https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder. Please be sure you have independently acquired an Australian Visa or ETA in advance of sailing. Please ensure you bring a printed copy of your approved Australian visa or ETA to cruise check-in. Guests who require an Australian visa or ETA and do not present one at cruise check-in may be denied boarding.

Edited by SargassoPirate
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Found this on Princess:

New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority

Most guests, excluding Australian and New Zealand passport holders, are required to obtain a New Zealand visa or an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) to visit New Zealand after October 1, 2019. To determine your visa requirements for New Zealand, please visit https://www.immigration.govt.nz/ or download the ETA mobile app. ETA requests may be submitted via the app or at https://www.immigration.govt.nz/nzeta. Most visitors to New Zealand will also be subject to a $35.00 NZD International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL). This fee enables multiple entries into New Zealand and is payable at the time you obtain your visa or ETA. Guests are required to obtain a New Zealand visa or ETA independently in advance of their cruise and bring a printed copy to cruise check-in. Guests who require one and do not present it at cruise check-in may be denied boarding.

Australian Visa/Electronic Travel Authority (Eta)

All guests, excluding Australian and New Zealand passport holders, are required to obtain an Australian visa or ETA. To determine your visa requirements for Australia, please visit https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder. Please be sure you have independently acquired an Australian Visa or ETA in advance of sailing. Please ensure you bring a printed copy of your approved Australian visa or ETA to cruise check-in. Guests who require an Australian visa or ETA and do not present one at cruise check-in may be denied boarding.

We did the on line for Australia, but not needed for NZ

We're going in Nov, you can do it all online and it comes through quickly. Lots of good info on the Australia/New Zealand board and some very helpful people. 

I'm planning to do a live thread for our two cruises for anyone who has questions.

4 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

We're British and had to get both Australian and New Zealand E visa plus pay for the NZ conservation tax.

5 minutes ago, kernow said:

We're British and had to get both Australian and New Zealand E visa plus pay for the NZ conservation tax.

The OP is from the US, so responding more to them.

Did not notice you are from UK,  BUT - I do find it strange tat Commonwealth members are charged and US citizens are not

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

The OP is from the US, so responding more to them.

Did not notice you are from UK,  BUT - I do find it strange tat Commonwealth members are charged and US citizens are not

Did you go recently? I think it's changed fairly recently and thought everyone except Aussies now had to pay.

1 minute ago, kernow said:

Did you go recently? I think it's changed fairly recently and thought everyone except Aussies now had to pay.

2018.  Had trip planned last year but covid canceled it.  Were going to NZ to stay with friends and then going to Brisbane for a TP to Hawaii

11 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

2018.  Had trip planned last year but covid canceled it.  Were going to NZ to stay with friends and then going to Brisbane for a TP to Hawaii

Ah, just checked and it changed in 2019, we all need a visa and to pay the conservation tax for NZ now.

9 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

As you mentioned in a later post, your trip to NZ ws in 2018. A lot has changed since, including the requirement to obtain an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) to visit New Zealand. I feel that you should have qualified your statement with mention of the date to avoid giving the impression that an ETA isn't required for NZ, when it is 🙂.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

As you mentioned in a later post, your trip to NZ ws in 2018. A lot has changed since, including the requirement to obtain an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) to visit New Zealand. I feel that you should have qualified your statement with mention of the date to avoid giving the impression that an ETA isn't required for NZ, when it is 🙂.

Bless your heart 

There are multiple warnings on the Australian Government website (Department of Home Affairs) about third party agencies claiming to supply you with Australian Visas.

"....in order to protect yourself from visa scams, you should only deal with official Australian Government channels such as the departmental website, reputable travel agents, Australian Visa Application Centres...."

Here is the official price list for genuine Australian visas:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/fees-and-charges