First cruises after dry-dock

SetAnOpenCourse

I'm considering the Zuiderdam's 12/15/22 sailing, her first after dry-dock.  Is there typically more work being done, perhaps painting or varnishing for which time didn't allow (during dry-dock)?  My particular concern is fumes, or work being done on the promenade.  I know one can encounter such work at any time - I'm just wondering if there's likely to be more of it on this sailing.

The cruise to sail is the cruise just before drydock.  And, take the Behind the Scenes Tour.  Very, very interesting to see the basics of that tour along with the preparations for drydocking!  

Service and dining during such a cruise?  No issues other than a few wines that were out of stock.  

• Like 1

We were on a first sailing after dry dock from Fort Lauderdale and the only issue was the first day we had no remotes for the nice new TVs.  Seems as though they forgot them when completing the dry dock in the Bahamas but luckily that was our first stop the next day so they were easily retrieved....

I recall the smell of new carpet.....

I would not let the first sailing after dry dock stop me from boarding a 'dam ship......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We took one cruise before a dry dock. On the last night the workers started ripping up the carpet at 10:00 pm and were playing a radio to keep them company. I had to stick my head out the door to ask them to try to be quieter. They turned the radio off.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

We took one cruise before a dry dock. On the last night the workers started ripping up the carpet at 10:00 pm and were playing a radio to keep them company. I had to stick my head out the door to ask them to try to be quieter. They turned the radio off.

Interesting experience, but the reasons for the drydock and the ship itself could have been very different than mine.  The pre-drydock work that was taking place was all below decks and nothing of which I was aware in the guest areas.  The storerooms were as empty as I have ever seen.