NCL Prima 5-day NYC to Bermuda Semi-Live! (10/10/22)

PistolPete13

On 10/24/2022 at 8:19 PM, PistolPete13 said:

Soon enough it was time for lunch and I had to round out trying most of the menu items at the Food Court.

- Fried okra
- Beef kabab plate
- Pai Thai
- Tuna tostada
- 4 scoops of ice cream
- coffee and a delicious cake

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4485.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4490.jpg

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

I love my ice cream too and a day doesn't go by with some. Do you need special permission from the Gods at sea to get 4 scoops?

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 7:37 PM, PistolPete13 said:

It will be interesting to see what running changes will be made to the design of these ships as there are five more of them in the pipeline from what I understand.

With the Viva already under construction not much will change between her and the Prima.  But, the last four ships in the class could benefit from cruiser feedback and hopefully tweaks will be made.  The Improv and Syd's could easily be double their current sizes since these two venues are way too small for the demand.  Since the Galaxy Pavilion is a moneymaker for the teen and family contingent on board, I doubt that changes will be made there.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2022 at 7:16 PM, PistolPete13 said:

The gym:

- Plenty of treadmills and bicycles.  

- The free weight rack and the weight machines were tuck in a corner however.  That area definitely got a bit crowded during peak gym times and folks just need to be considerate in order to not bump into others. 

Yes, it was that tight!

ncl epic's gym is HUGE:

image.thumb.jpeg.b0f043311211cfda2bacc3faf942ccfd.jpeg

Completely the opposite of Prima.

it has the most weight machines of any ship i've been on.

and there's an equal amount of space dedicated to cardio (treadmills, bikes, etc) 😮

and there was more than enough spacing between machines so you're not bumping into each other

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

ncl epic's gym is HUGE:

Completely the opposite of Prima.

But the Epic is a much bigger ship than the Prima, so you would expect things to be bigger.

And, as NCL's first attempt at a megaship, and a lot of oversized spaces including Spice H20, Thermal Suite (with both unisex and coed facilities), 2-story Haven lounge, Posh Club, private gym in the Haven, private steam room in the Haven, the Bliss ultra lounge (originally with a full size bowling alley),,, all never duplicated on any other ship. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/17/2022 at 3:35 PM, BirdTravels said:

But the Epic is a much bigger ship than the Prima, so you would expect things to be bigger.

And, as NCL's first attempt at a megaship, and a lot of oversized spaces including Spice H20, Thermal Suite (with both unisex and coed facilities), 2-story Haven lounge, Posh Club, private gym in the Haven, private steam room in the Haven, the Bliss ultra lounge (originally with a full size bowling alley),,, all never duplicated on any other ship. 

@PistolPete13Loved the review and your unique perspective.  Your photos are gorgeous!!  Besides the stunning photos of the ship, your photos of the NYC skyline are amazing. I have a love for NYC, having attended grad school there in the mid-1980s and then visiting my son during his college years in NYC from 2013-2016.  NYC will always have a piece of my heart!

I hope to sail Prima and am sad that she is leaving my home port of Port Canaveral so soon.  

@BirdTravelsWe love the Epic; I know that people seem to have strong feelings about this ship, but after spending 15 nights on a TA on the Epic in 2019, we loved it!!  I'd sail Epic again anytime!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2022 at 1:22 PM, PistolPete13 said:

Lunch today was in the Indulge Food court and this is when the fun with the ordering iPads began.  A few orders will bounce back with an SQL error after being placed so I wasn't sure if it went in or not.  It was getting crowded and I would lose my seat instantly if I tried to get up to the serving station and ask.

So, I just ordered again.  Turns out I ended up with multiples of everything.  Good thing the portion sizes were small!

Let's see:

Singapore Noodles (x2)
Some sort of soup with fish
Pai Thai
all chased with a few scoops of ice cream

All very good and SPICY.  The ice cream was definitely needed at the end.

IMG_4220.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

I will be all over the Ice Cream!!!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 12:20 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Dated?  The Prima has an inverted bow and the Enchanted has a standard bow.  If you actually sailed on a Royal Class ship from Princess you would know it's not dated.

What a ship looks like from the outside means squat, IMHO.  What matters is the food, the bars, the entertainment, the ambiance, the venues.

I am just reading this now as interested in the prima.  I have to say this statement struck me as extremely rude to PP view of how the prima looked to princess.  Sorry you were upset about princess looking dated and not modern like the prima.  I agree with pete and also look at how ships look, I am impressed by modern marvels such as cruise ships.  I could say more but will leave it.  Dang.

• Like 2