Someone help me out! Old style buffet plate/trays...

nicoleds

On 10/13/2022 at 12:32 AM, n6uqqq said:

The Spirit class triple length balconies make great dining areas in lieu of the lido area. 

When bestie and I cruised earlier this year and wanted to avoid Covid, we brought cafeteria trays like the Amazon ones linked above, procured all our food from buffet/Guy's/deli/pizza, and ate on our beautiful bowling alley balcony. Didn't miss the dining room one bit. ❤️

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 3:49 PM, Bostwick girl said:

I for one really miss the trays! My DH has mobility issues so I generally get his food and mine. Without the trays I have to get whatever he wants then go back to the line and get mine. One of these days I’m going to find a tray that’s lightweight and fits well in my luggage!

That makes sense, and for parents that are dishing up food for the kiddos too.   Seems trays should be made available for those who need them.   

On 10/11/2022 at 6:49 PM, Bostwick girl said:

I for one really miss the trays! My DH has mobility issues so I generally get his food and mine. Without the trays I have to get whatever he wants then go back to the line and get mine. One of these days I’m going to find a tray that’s lightweight and fits well in my luggage!

Carnival can provide assistance for passengers in need. Just ask.

On 10/12/2022 at 12:18 AM, ilovesparky13 said:

How much food are you taking??? Hold your food in one hand and his in the other. 

34 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

Lol, too bad not everyone is as smart as you.

Jockeying two plates through a buffet line is an option, but a tray would be a heck of a lot easier.  And sometimes there are small offerings in monkey dishes that would add to the juggling.  Folks need a tray to make it easier doesn''t seem like a big deal.  I'll bet one would be provided if requested.      

On 10/12/2022 at 7:20 AM, ShakyBeef said:

And the flatware rolls?  And the beverages?

Flatware in your pockets....Beverages are balanced on your head

On 10/12/2022 at 6:13 PM, Lane Hog said:

I bought quasi fast-food trays on Amazon.  They fit easily into my roller bag and as a side benefit offer some extra protection to wine bottles or a laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/Carlisle-CT141803-Standard-Cafeteria-Polypropylene/dp/B06Y226G55

Runs around $5 and come in a variety of colors and sizes... The 12x16s work for me, but they come slightly larger if needed.

Same exact ones are between 7.25-8.00 on EBay with shipping.  No need to spend 25 on Amazon.

2 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Flatware in your pockets....Beverages are balanced on your head

Same exact ones are between 7.25-8.00 on EBay with shipping.  No need to spend 25 on Amazon.

I bought one from Amazon from this link for 6 dollars with shipping included. Good deal. Now I don't have to borrow the room service trays 😉 

On 10/12/2022 at 12:21 AM, SDPadreFan said:

We use these at home and they are great + lightweight. These are like tupperware tough. And cheap!

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/smula-tray-clear-40041131/

They can be a little slick so we also use a layer of this to keep things from sliding around.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DQB1Z2R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You certainly don't need a 20' roll of this, but the 12" width is about right. Only trimmed a little to fit (width).

I just weighed one and it comes in at 1 pound.

They have these "grips" at the $1.25 store, formerly known as the $1 store!!!