Niew Statendam UNCOVERED VERANDAH

ASIWISH

I did search for an answer before posting this and couldn't find an answer, so I thought I would come to the experts!

We have been assigned cabin with an "uncovered verandah" on Deck 8 of the Niew Statendam.

I'm not familiar with this. What does it mean? Isn't Deck 9 above this cabin/verandah?

You're probably talking about a Vista Suite - those on deck 8 have no cover.  A friend had one of those on the Koningsdam and hated it!  When sunny it's too hot, when raining it's unusable - she'll never do that again!

Sue/WDW1972

55 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

You're probably talking about a Vista Suite - those on deck 8 have no cover.  A friend had one of those on the Koningsdam and hated it!  When sunny it's too hot, when raining it's unusable - she'll never do that again!

Sue/WDW1972

We were in an extended balcony verandah (8112) right next to a set of those Vistas a couple weeks ago on NS and yes, those Vistas have little to no cover at all. I think the cabins would be nice lower down with more cover but not deck 8. 

Here is a pic from our balcony showing the cover and the footprint of the adjacent Vista. Our balcony was great. Love deck 8 for it's location near the Lido though. 

IMG_20220924_115453922_HDR.jpg

Edited by fatcat04

16 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Deck 9 I believe is Lido Deck. Are you talking about a B8--? We've had them before and thought they were fine. No peep from upstairs. We were below Canelletto which is carpeted. 

Exactly!! Yes, thank you!

14 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

We were in an extended balcony verandah (8112) right next to a set of those Vistas a couple weeks ago on NS and yes, those Vistas have little to no cover at all. I think the cabins would be nice lower down with more cover but not deck 8. 

Here is a pic from our balcony showing the cover and the footprint of the adjacent Vista. Our balcony was great. Love deck 8 for it's location near the Lido though. 

IMG_20220924_115453922_HDR.jpg

Thank you for the picture! Very helpful, too!