Do P &O Regularly Ring Pax 35 mins before last onboard time?

tring

The only time we’ve pushed our luck inadvertently was when we were in Bilbao on my wife’s 40 birthday. I took her to a fancy restaurant which opened at 2pm & we tried a tasting menu which was brilliant. However, it as only after the 9th (and final) course that we realised it was after 4pm with the last shuttle to Getxo scheduled for not long after and the pick up point being a brisk 20 minute walk away. 
We made it (just) and were the only passengers on the bus. Typically though we were nowhere close to being the last onboard as at least two dozen strolled down the dockside just before the scheduled all aboard time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I too used the shuttle a few times in the 80's. The breakfast was good with a good full English on china and proper knives and forks in those days.

Reminds me of the British Midlands flight from Teeside to LHR. Out of bed in Yarm at 6am, on the aircraft at 7am, Heathrow at 8am after a full breakfast on board,  and into head office at Esher by 9am.

Happy days! 

• Like 1

Cutting it fine…Quite a few years ago we were on Arcadia (not the current one) and as we pulled away from the tendering anchorage at Zakinthos a jet ski came out from the port. Nothing unusual in that as they often came out to sail alongside the ship. This time however, Arcadia slowed and then stopped. A door opened near the waterline and a ladder went down. The pillion passenger from the jet ski climbed aboard and the ship continued on its way. We met the pillion next day in the lift. He was the classical pianist and had misjudged his overnight watch changes (there had been a few recently as we zig zagged Turkish/Greek islands) and his watch was set one hour behind ship’s time. He had been asked to see the Captain to clear things up. No harm done.
In mitigation the ship rarely kept to its departure time on that cruise as we had the Chairman of the day on board and he liked to lunch ashore!

• Haha 3

On 10/12/2022 at 1:11 PM, P&O SUE said:

I’d forgotten about the thousand gazelles! 😂

My favourite was when he told us that the deputy captain would be in command of the ship when leaving port. He explained all the complicated manoeuvres that would be made and that we were in safe hands.

He then said he was speaking to us from lifeboat number 6😂

A great captain.

Avril

• Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a good job we're not called 35 minutes before all aboard time, otherwise we'd be chatting to them every day! 

We're getting better as we get older, but anything more than half an hour is generally a waste of time ashore. 

I think we've only been last onboard once and we were very annoyed that the tender staff in Villefranche got funny with us, even though there was 5 mins until last tender. If we'd been late fair enough but we'd been sat looking at the tender whilst finishing our drinks about 2 mins walk away, so no way were we going to be late.