Koningsdam retreat cabins

smiledr

3 hours ago, HRH SR said:

Has anyone taken a cabana on the Koningsdam on a circle Hawaii cruise?  Planning to book the entire cruise, debating ocean view or pool view (leaning towards ocean view) and maybe cabana #1 or #2, but not sure if there is an entrance to the Retreat there or not.  I also read some cabanas are more stuffy than others, so I wonder if going more forward in cabana 1 or 2 is better than say 7 or 8?   and Would that side be less busy than where #21/22 is?  I'm not sure if you can enter both sides or only by #21/22.   Appreciate the comments.  Thanks.

The route of the cruise doesn't matter.  The aft facing cabanas have a bit more air flow , which can be important in the warmer,  more humid climates. All the cabanas are in the Retreat...not sure what your concerns are about where the entrance is.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HRH SR said:

Has anyone taken a cabana on the Koningsdam on a circle Hawaii cruise?  Planning to book the entire cruise, debating ocean view or pool view (leaning towards ocean view) and maybe cabana #1 or #2, but not sure if there is an entrance to the Retreat there or not.  I also read some cabanas are more stuffy than others, so I wonder if going more forward in cabana 1 or 2 is better than say 7 or 8?   and Would that side be less busy than where #21/22 is?  I'm not sure if you can enter both sides or only by #21/22.   Appreciate the comments.  Thanks.

I’ve had cabanas #14, 15 (Family), and 20 on the Koningsdam.  My favourite was the Family Cabana, then #20, then #14.  I preferred the ocean view to the aft view and, due to the winds and forward motion of the ship, none of them have been “stuffy”.

There will be a lot more traffic on the starboard side (#’s 1-7) as that is the main entryway.  #’s 21 & 22 tend to be used by the spa (very occasionally and usually only whilst in port) and cabana staff for storage so it’s pretty quiet in that area.  Usually the only passers by near 21 & 22 will be cabana people who are using the bathroom located near there but that’s not too often.

The only other comment I would make is sometimes the people in the Family Cabanas can get a bit noisy so I don’t like to be near them if I don’t have one myself.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HRH SR said:

We were on the Konigsdam this past September in Alaska, and the steps to get to the uppermost deck area are right by #1/#2 and #21/22.  The area was roped off but we were practically right on top of them in regards to looking in and walking by to get into the inside area and the elevators.  Not certain I would take any of those if given a chance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

I’ve had cabanas #14, 15 (Family), and 20 on the Koningsdam.  My favourite was the Family Cabana, then #20, then #14.  I preferred the ocean view to the aft view and, due to the winds and forward motion of the ship, none of them have been “stuffy”.

There will be a lot more traffic on the starboard side (#’s 1-7) as that is the main entryway.  #’s 21 & 22 tend to be used by the spa (very occasionally and usually only whilst in port) and cabana staff for storage so it’s pretty quiet in that area.  Usually the only passers by near 21 & 22 will be cabana people who are using the bathroom located near there but that’s not too often.

The only other comment I would make is sometimes the people in the Family Cabanas can get a bit noisy so I don’t like to be near them if I don’t have one myself.

Thank you very much to everyone for their responses - very helpful!

Edited by HRH SR