Princess Halloween

Fish42

We will be sailing on Royal Princess Oct 23-30.  I'm curious to know if there will be any Halloween related festivities on board.  On the website there is mention of a Halloween Fright Night Party for Halloween cruises, but there's no information about it.  I'm not sure if our cruise falls in the Halloween category.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Fish42 said:

We will be sailing on Royal Princess Oct 23-30.  I'm curious to know if there will be any Halloween related festivities on board.  On the website there is mention of a Halloween Fright Night Party for Halloween cruises, but there's no information about it.  I'm not sure if our cruise falls in the Halloween category.

Any ideas?

Your cruise does not

3 hours ago, Fish42 said:

Any ideas?

Your cruise ends on the 30th. There won't be anything special the night before since passengers need to pack and the crew is preparing to turn the ship around for the next cruise the next day. If you were on the following cruise, there might be some festivities. But that won't help you at all!! 😉

Edited by sloopsailor

woman wearing a mask

Halloween on a Princess cruise ship promises more treats than tricks. Delight in spooky décor while carving pumpkins in the Princess Piazza. Ghostly grown-ups can attend our Halloween Fright Night Party, while little pumpkins can enjoy a costume parade, scavenger hunt, and, of course, lots of candy!

View Halloween cruises

• Thanks 1

And possibly

/images/learn/onboard/onboard_activities/festivals-of-the-world/Mexican-Fiesta.jpg

Mexican Fiesta (October – April)

On select California Coast and Mexico cruises

The Day of the Dead, also known as Day of the Innocents or Little Angels, is a colorful and fascinating holiday celebrated in central and southern Mexico during the chilly first days of November. Explore this ancient Aztec tradition on Princess Cruises, with face painting, flower making and sugar skull mask making. Don’t miss the dance-filled variety show, with such enthralling numbers as 'The Procession of the Dead.'

Featured Day of the Dead Activities:

• Decorate marzipan skulls
  • Aztec flower making
  • Children’s pasta skeleton making
  • Learning traditional dances

30 minutes ago, SixOneTwo said:

Could someone please comment / elaborate on what events we can expect if we ARE sailing on Halloween?

I sailed once on Halloween.  I recall a lot of very elaborately carved pumpkins and seasonal decor in the atrium, and they had pumpkin carving classes and stuff like that.  Sorry my mind is a little fuzzy, it was quite a while ago. Princess does a good job with all the big holidays, in general.

We had an excellent Halloween on Emerald Princess. Many of the crew dressed up or at least did their faces. Quite a few passengers dressed up as well. While we don't dress for Halloween we did enjoy many of the costumes the crew and passengers wore. There was also an excellent display of carved pumpkins.

image.thumb.jpeg.5b49c5d39cfba97fb70ec6bfeec78a61.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.39a05c9497953a4a875d38eb1620e198.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5cf61a25cde76724a71e6e4afcb9d533.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a984aff7b3a3cee960c891b2551b54cd.jpeg

• Like 1

I have done a few Halloween cruises.   Waiters and staff usually dress up in the MDR.   Often there is a party at the disco late at night.  One of the fun ones I attended was on a cruise in middle east, passengers used bed sheet to dress as mummies, since we just left Egypt.  As you can see lots of decorative pumpkins on display.  Have fun, you can dress up or down whatever floats your boat.