Navigator - Average Time in MDR

fac429

We're sailing on the Navigator at the end of this month and I'm wondering if anyone with recent experience dining in Navigator's MDR can give me an idea for how long they spent on average at dinner in the MDR.  We've got the early seating, if that matters (I can see how it might).  Thanks!  

13 minutes ago, fac429 said:

how long they spent on average at dinner in the MDR. 

There are so many variables (servant, how many in your party, how many others around you, night of the sailing, etc) at play not sure anyone's reply will mean much - figure sometime between 45 minutes and an hour and half.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There are so many variables (servant, how many in your party, how many others around you, night of the sailing, etc) at play not sure anyone's reply will mean much - figure sometime between 45 minutes and an hour and half.

Good point.  There's going to be 6 of us, and while my own family usually orders and eats quite quickly the people we'll be with may not be quite so quick.  We're planning on eating there each night, will not be in port any of the 3 nights (I think we have to be back on the ship before dinner the 1 day we're in port).  

We were on Navigator in July and did formal night and one other night in MDR.  We went to dinner around 6:30 PM both times.  We were with two GD's (10 & 7) who were restless to go do fun stuff.  We probably spent a little over an hour for formal night and little less than an hour on a normal night.  If you want to be in/out quicker I'm sure your waiter can make that happen.   

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jsf said:

3 nights and your worried about dining times?

I didn't feel the need to explain the reason for my question.  

Thank you to those who provided helpful responses!

28 minutes ago, ccletzgo said:

My next cruise I requested a table for 2 to move things along a bit quicker.  Our last Royal cruise we had a table for 6 and really enjoyed our table mates, but boy was it a long production 

Same for us on Serenade. Lovely older couple at our table, but it does slow things down since they were in no hurry.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 6:26 PM, fac429 said:

We're sailing on the Navigator at the end of this month and I'm wondering if anyone with recent experience dining in Navigator's MDR can give me an idea for how long they spent on average at dinner in the MDR.  We've got the early seating, if that matters (I can see how it might).  Thanks!  

Well, guess you could approximate by looking at distance from table to where the wait staff picks up food, number of courses, bites per course, chews per bite, and time per chew.  Later data for slowest chewer.  Or, just have a great cruise.  

wonder took forever

freedom I won't even talk about it anymore 

all of that with a table of two , menu ready on the phone and we were the first to arrive among the rest of the tables. At one time I heard people in other tables if royal was doing that so the next day everyone could go to the windjammer instead. I had time to order, take professional pictures, order a drink , comeback and the appetizers were not even in my table.

I love those time in which the MDR was only 1 hr max

11 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

Well, guess you could approximate by looking at distance from table to where the wait staff picks up food, number of courses, bites per course, chews per bite, and time per chew.  Later data for slowest chewer.  Or, just have a great cruise.  

Canadians have a reputation for being friendly, helpful and funny but I guess there's always exceptions.