Azamara journey will dock in Venice on May 17, and May 18, 2023.

tyler6597

3 hours ago, lisiamc said:

One thing we already know: Chioggia is a charming place on its own merit, like Ravenna. It’s a great place to eat seafood, and worth a day or part of a day as a destination in itself. If my cruise finished there, I’d plan to see Chioggia and then if possible spend a few days in Venice in a hotel. The trip back and forth will eat up a useful part of your day.

You posted this in reply to my post above, but I think you intended it for all readers.

It's not applicable to my situation in that my request is to guests disembarking in Chioggia (starting in April) as to what time Self Disembark started. I'm trying to judge making an 11:30a domestic flight from VCE, heading on to the Puglia region, when I disembark there in September. 

I've visited Venice and the areas nearby on land trips in the past, so am not staying over on this trip.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

You posted this in reply to my post above, but I think you intended it for all readers.

It's not applicable to my situation in that my request is to guests disembarking in Chioggia (starting in April) as to what time Self Disembark started. I'm trying to judge making an 11:30a domestic flight from VCE, heading on to the Puglia region, when I disembark there in September. 

I've visited Venice and the areas nearby on land trips in the past, so am not staying over on this trip.

Sadly I dont think any of us can help you until at least April, when Azamara starts docking there. April 22 is the first non overnight and docks at the same time as your September cruise. I personally will be disembarking there in May but its an overnighter and we can usually leave so much earlier. Hopefully guests will be able to let you know as soon as possible the set up and times of disembarkation, so ask again in a couple of months, if you haven't found an answer before then. 🤞

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

Yes, I see what you mean. I shouldn’t have quoted you, since yours is a more specific question.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, terry&mike said:

Yes, but Azamara will begin docking there in April for this season, so I'm hoping some folks will post their experience here when they return. As I don't dock there until mid-September, I've got a bit of time. 

Tag me after the 22 April and I'll let you know! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, combine said:

Would agree. We would never have experienced  the wonders of Ravenna if not for the change of port and we were fortunate to have a day and overnight there at the end of our cruise.

We are taking the same view with Chioggia with an overnight there and intend to explore the town also. Of course it helps that we have visited Venice a couple of times and I do understand that for some it would be a first time  to visit. 

We will embark in Chioggia in Oct. What is your plan to go from Venice airport to Chioggia?

1 hour ago, maggie777 said:

We will embark in Chioggia in Oct. What is your plan to go from Venice airport to Chioggia?

You might want to check with your travel agent or Azamara to see if they are offering cruise only airport transfers. 

6 hours ago, maggie777 said:

My plan is to use a taxi local to Chioggia that I've booked and I'm sharing with fellow CC members.  As an 'out of towner' the fare is less, and we're giving business to people from the actual port area.

8 hours ago, maggie777 said:

We are disembarking in Chioggia . Azamara hopefully will be doing their usual pay for transport to the airport 🤞.

5 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

My plan is to use a taxi local to Chioggia that I've booked and I'm sharing with fellow CC members.  As an 'out of towner' the fare is less, and we're giving business to people from the actual port area.

Would you share this info?

2 hours ago, maggie777 said:

Would you share this info?

I think the board rules would stop me (at least until I've used them), but all I did was Google "taxi Chioggia" or "taxi Sottomarina" and picked one (perhaps the only one) that said he had an 8 seat Transit van.   Then I emailed him.  I'm assuming that with luggage, the maximum capacity will be 6, but can report back more after the middle of April.

43 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

I think the board rules would stop me (at least until I've used them), but all I did was Google "taxi Chioggia" or "taxi Sottomarina" and picked one (perhaps the only one) that said he had an 8 seat Transit van.   Then I emailed him.  I'm assuming that with luggage, the maximum capacity will be 6, but can report back more after the middle of April.

Thank you. I will follow up.

We disembark in 'Chioggia' on 15 April after being overnight there on the Azamara Journey. I wanted to book transport from the ship to Marco Polo Airport. Spoke to Azamara who referred me to my Travel Agent who said it had to be booked though Azamara. Then spoke to a very helpful Azamara person who advised to book the transport to the airport whilst on the ship as they will be running coaches. She mentioned that it would be about £25 per person. Hopefully that all works out but she sounded very knowledgeable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2023 at 5:26 PM, fruitmachine said:

This Azamara partner says €80, or €90 for a limmo, (more for a bigger van) but I'm not convinced that they've set it up for Chioggia or may perhaps are still assuming Marghera.

https://transfer.aloschibros.com/en/transfers/

This website refers to the Venice port at that price point. I emailed them about Chioggia and they said they can pick up from there but would contact later with the rate. 

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, kewluke said:

Does anyone have information about where the Journey will be berthed in Barcelona? WTC or Addorat? 

People have told me it’s WTC. My joining documents still give both for directions though and don’t make it clear which one it will be?

7 hours ago, kewluke said:

Does anyone have information about where the Journey will be berthed in Barcelona? WTC or Addorat? 

I see you have found the specific thread for your question and have already responded there.

On 2/8/2023 at 2:24 PM, fruitmachine said:

Tag me after the 22 April and I'll let you know! 

@fruitmachine  can you let me know when self disembarkation started in Chiogga?  I'm wanting to judge if I can make an early flight out of VCE.  Thanks! Kathy

On 2/7/2023 at 5:38 PM, terry&mike said:

For anyone who disembarks in Chioggia, please let me know at what time were passengers allowed to Self Disembark? And what time were you scheduled to arrive in port?

I understand that each sailing is different, but this will give me a general idea. 

We are scheduled to dock at 7:00am. I am thinking to book a flight from Venice VCE airport that departs at 11:30am. It is a domestic flight (to somewhere else in Italy), and I am willing to arrange a car and driver for the transfer, as well as pay for the airline cabin class that allows me to have Priority Check In and Fast Track at the airport, so I'm thinking this can work. 

@terry&mike did you find an answer to your question - I'm in a similiar situation Oct 12

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katwich said:

@terry&mike did you find an answer to your question - I'm in a similiar situation Oct 12

23 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

Not yet, but I think the sailings are just starting in the Med, so hopefully some folks will report in. 

I hope this (from 10 days ago, when Journey arrived back in Chioggia) helps.  I think we physically docked around 05:30:

Scan20230426203448.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

I hope this (from 10 days ago, when Journey arrived back in Chioggia) helps.  I think we physically docked around 05:30:

Scan20230426203448.pdf 460.83 kB · 15 downloads

Thank you! That is great news. Will work perfect with our flight at 11:15am down to Bari, Italy.

• Like 1