The Key

I have the Key for my next cruise.  Does anyone know how priority boarding works.

Is there a separate entrance at the terminal for The Key?

Do they scan you as you enter terminal or just look at your Set Sail Sail Pass to confirm you have the Key?

Once you enter the terminal and go through security, do you just go to any of the check in lines/windows?

TIA

1 hour ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

Is there a separate entrance at the terminal for The Key?

Do they scan you as you enter terminal or just look at your Set Sail Pass to confirm you have the Key?

This may vary by port/ship, but yes, generally there's a separate line for Key, usually with suites.

40 minutes ago, jschultz0829 said:

I know that with The Key there's often a section of reserved seats at some shows. But if you have The Key, do you still need to make a reservation for the show? Or can you just show up without a reservation?

Still have to book shows

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2022 at 12:42 PM, SeaHoliday said:

Ok, pretty sure we dock at a pier with St Thomas and St Maarten.

To the best of my knowledge no Oasis class uses tenders. St Thomas and St Maarten will be piers. I found the key seating in both the main theater and ice rink to be decent on the Harmony. I've never had a problem getting 11 am or 11:30 am check-in times the morning it opens, never bothered staying up late. With the Key you can pretty much just show up anytime, as they are aware the lunch is part of it. The lunch was nicer when it was in chops vs the limited chops menu in the MDR (no pork belly appetizer...grrrr), but still a nice way to start the cruise. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2022 at 11:08 AM, slyster said:

There are quite a few threads on this.  I think it all depends on what you feel is the value.  It seems many purchase it when its only a $5 or $10 price difference from the surf and stream.  Harmony is an Oasis ship so getting special reserved seating is a perk after you make reservations.  By boarding first with Key people, you are able to make your specialty restaurants quicker too.  The abbreviated Chops lunch in the dining room is nice, but again, what is the overall price of the Key.  Some may feel it's worth paying for while others simply don't.

For me, I am going to see if the price comes down.  Right now, it's $34.99 a day.  It's not worth it.  Also, if I do online check in and get an early time, I don't think the Key will be worth it either.  You can also do self check out if you wish to disembark earlier too.  

How do you get an early time for check in without the Key?

18 hours ago, SeaHoliday said:

How do you get an early time for check in without the Key?

45 days before and just after midnight on Day 45.  Midnight, Galveston time (CST).  So Im here on east coast, I would login to check in at 1am my time.  That's to get the very earliest times.  A lot of folks report doing it in the morning and still getting an early time though.

19 hours ago, SeaHoliday said:

Thank you. And for the Harmony, do you have to book your shows before you board?

You can always do it onboard or just show up, but you run a very real risk of the show being full (no seats available). It is always best to book shows as soon as possible on the ships that allow pre-booking. My one Harmony cruise I booked shows a few months before departure (2019, app opened for check-in 60 days out back then I believe).