Live from Majestic Princess - 20th October 2022

A beautiful spring afternoon.makes for a great time to be on deck for sailaway.

No such luck, in a grey, dreary, windy afternoon which also clashed with dinner. Sailaway photos ...

Bridge

20221020_185742.thumb.jpg.2647e35988209e712d4e97888526b483.jpg

Opera House

20221020_191309.thumb.jpg.c3aee692f4e28fe1abbc7be8b62b00aa.jpg

• Like 2

Funny about the masks now being 'optional'  On the Coral a few weeks ago they were very very strict and on the Pacific Explorer last week they also kept chasing people and giving out tannoy instructions  but I just read that Holland America are allowing staff to not wear masks now

Dinner location looks beautiful Geoff.

I remember when Geri and I sailed of on the Pacific Dawn for it's 28 day voyage back in 2008 to Tahiti the ship was late leaving, we had had dinner and were sitting in the aft spa's in the rain and wind drinking champagne leaving Sydney behind.

Edited by cheznandy
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Funny about the masks now being 'optional'  On the Coral a few weeks ago they were very very strict and on the Pacific Explorer last week they also kept chasing people and giving out tannoy instructions  but I just read that Holland America are allowing staff to not wear masks now

It is all based on the requirements of governments and ports where the ship is operating.

The Eastern Seaboard +WA protocols were eased in the past week. For Coral & Explorer they were required to be strict, in line with the rules of the day.

Infection rates on land and sea are both low, and the governments only require masks if there is a known outbreak aboard. Everyone can still choose to wear them for their own protection. Personally, it great to see the smiling faces of the crew that are serving us. We are carrying masks, and use from time to time when we are in a busy area.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Yesterday I caught the end of a Princess ad on TV which mentioned Princess "Medallion" cruises. Have we gone from sea pass to a new advertising buzzword?😟

Just heard the ad again, it was on the radio. "Medallion Class" cruises

32 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Yesterday I caught the end of a Princess ad on TV which mentioned Princess "Medallion" cruises. Have we gone from sea pass to a new advertising buzzword?😟

Better than Cruiseling. 😵

It is a point of difference I quite like.

• Like 1

On my last cruise I brought along and hid 3 ducks with their names and instructions attached   At a trivia meeting the 21nd in command said that "people keep giving him ducks and he does not know why he now has about 20"   Obviously no one is interested in FB cruising ducks page

16 hours ago, arxcards said:

Oh, BTW.

Per government protocols, mask wearing is optional for both crew and passengers. Probably about 25% optionally wearing them

Masks were also not required in OPT. 

Good news about the OPT. Was a bit confused with Princess's requirement for masks to be worn on embarkation. Good to know that common sense has prevailed.

Paul

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

On my last cruise I brought along and hid 3 ducks with their names and instructions attached   At a trivia meeting the 21nd in command said that "people keep giving him ducks and he does not know why he now has about 20"   Obviously no one is interested in FB cruising ducks page

We have a duck, found on Coral, that is with us and may be rehidden. If we spot another, we will just leave it be.

They are but a curiosity, and I think the page is more about selling ducks and tags. Carnival Splendor has a tank of them, and ducks all over the ship by cruise end.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We have a duck, found on Coral, that is with us and may be rehidden. If we spot another, we will just leave it be.

They are but a curiosity, and I think the page is more about selling ducks and tags. Carnival Splendor has a tank of them, and ducks all over the ship by cruise end.

They should really be re-hidden after their photo has been taken and posted on Facebook cruising ducks page saying when and what ship- (has been the plan for a few months now)

3 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Not sure how they are on that ship but on our recent cruise on the Coral Princess one of our group had one every night of the 13 nights.

Lucky and discerning lady  obviously looking around

19 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Not sure how they are on that ship but on our recent cruise on the Coral Princess one of our group had one every night of the 13 nights.

That is usually my aim too. Princess do fantastic creme brule, but the ones I had on a couple of Coral cruise recently have been egg custard with sugar on top - an eggy taste, and split.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

They should really be re-hidden after their photo has been taken and posted on Facebook cruising ducks page saying when and what ship- (has been the plan for a few months now)

Their mantra is - keep or hide, you decide.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That is usually my aim too. Princess do fantastic creme brule, but the ones I had on a couple of Coral cruise recently have been egg custard with sugar on top - an eggy taste, and split.

My favourite desert too. After the first one on Coral, I asked waiter to select one that was 'well done ' and very crisp on top. The custard seemed better in those and the top very crunchy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

It is always nice to see islands when you are at sea.  Where is North Solitary Island near (big place).

South Solitary Island.😂

OK, it's between Coffs Harbour and Grafton.

• Like 2