Worth it to upgrade to Aurea experience?

Abrenerb

Hello!  Our family will be cruising on Seascape - first time on MSC.  Wondering if upgrading from Fantastica balcony to Aurea balcony would be worth it for expedited embarkment??  Also heard there may be a discounted drink package available with this experience?  Does anyone have information about that?  Greatly appreciate any information!

Hi… we just booked “Aurea” and the Easy Plus drink package was included. Also wi fi for two devices was included. The perk that I will enjoy most will be anytime dining so we are not dining at a set time!

31 minutes ago, Mrdell said:

Hi… we just booked “Aurea” and the Easy Plus drink package was included. Also wi fi for two devices was included. The perk that I will enjoy most will be anytime dining so we are not dining at a set time!

Likely included by your TA unless it was part of a special promotion.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sidari said:

Likely included by your TA unless it was part of a special promotion.

It was included on a recent booking on the Meraviglia…started with the drinks and WiFi cruises..Easy Plus showing on booking, with an upgrade offer of $20 PPPD to the premium extra package on cruise planner.  US booking. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Abrenerb said:

Hello Mrdell- thank you for your reply.  
It was my understanding the drink package was no longer included in the Aurea experience?  Or is it perhaps based on the ship you book?

Thanks again!

Actually, we booked @ 10 days ago …. out of Miami on the Seascape…. Just checked and it still shows drinking packages and Wi-Fi… seems like they change things around… now Wi-Fi is one device…. Before it was two! U.S Booking.

Edited by Mrdell

Thanks to all. When we booked, we had option of balcony upgrade + onboard credit or drink/Wi-Fi package included.  We chose the former.  So, now that we have the option to upgrade, wondering if the Aurea room is inclusive of the drink package.  It’s my understanding it’s not automatically included in this “level” but wanted to confirm.  Thanks again for everyone’s assistance!

Well: Only you will be able to access whether it is worth or not. Upgrades under special promos may have "small letters" on terms and conditions, so, maybe it won't be worth it, that way, but again. If you were booking directly on one of those "Aurea+Easy Plus" drinks package, then I'd think twice... Aurea catalog fares are far overpriced for the value right now. No surprise they're playing with the promos. It's a question of searching and watching what is going on offer.

6 hours ago, Mrdell said:

Whereas we would never book Aurea, as we only want traditional dining.  Not sure if that makes any difference to the OP; just one thing to consider.

1 minute ago, shipgeeks said:

Whereas we would never book Aurea, as we only want traditional dining.  Not sure if that makes any difference to the OP; just one thing to consider.

You can choose early/late seating as well... Anytime dining is like my time dining on otgher cruiselines. You still dine in Main Dining Room