Another itinerary change - Mardi Gras

IntrepidFromDC

On 10/28/2022 at 12:41 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Always thought that Nassau was not in the Caribbean since it's the Bahamas, similar to Freeport.

The Bahamas is considered part of the Caribbean Area, and is a Caribbean nation.  Not sure where you thought Freeport was not a Caribbean port.

On 11/2/2022 at 10:19 AM, chengkp75 said:

The Bahamas is considered part of the Caribbean Area, and is a Caribbean nation.  Not sure where you thought Freeport was not a Caribbean port.

"Technically" it's in the North Atlantic. But who the heck would want a cruise to the "North Atlantic," - Caribbean sounds so much more tropical. 🙂 

Anyway. 

Point was "we all wanted to go to Puerto Rico." I'm with Soremekun, I love San Juan.  

Sad.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 10:19 AM, chengkp75 said:

I always lumped Freeport in with Nassau since they are usually on the same itinerary and I always considered them different from the eastern, western and southern Caribbean groupings that are lumped together.  I stand corrected if Nassau and Freeport are considered part of the Caribbean.  

6 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I always lumped Freeport in with Nassau since they are usually on the same itinerary and I always considered them different from the eastern, western and southern Caribbean groupings that are lumped together.  I stand corrected if Nassau and Freeport are considered part of the Caribbean.  

Carnival doesn’t consider it part of the Caribbean. If you look at their booking engine, The Bahamas is listed as a separate destination from The Caribbean, Bermuda, etc.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Carnival doesn’t consider it part of the Caribbean. If you look at their booking engine, The Bahamas is listed as a separate destination from The Caribbean, Bermuda, etc.

Since Carnival was where I cut my cruising teeth and about 50% of my cruises have been on Carnival, I never considered Nassau and Freeport as being part of the Caribbean.  

• Like 2

Definitely disappointed in the iternary change from San Juan to Nassau... Was looking forward to SJ as I have never been there... What bugs me is that we received notice of the change two days after final payment was due... how convenient for Carnival.