Question about Verifly

zhuangcorp

According to HAL's website, vaccination and testing is not required for under 14 day cruises. So can I skip the Verifly altogether?

I just downloaded Verifly to take a look, the button for "upload proof of Covid vaccination" is whited out and I can't click on it. How can i upload proof? Do I need to do this at all?

The button "Complete health assessment" is available. But what health assessment do I need to do? I was of the understanding that no testing or vaccination is now required?

45 minutes ago, zhuangcorp said:

According to HAL's website, vaccination and testing is not required for under 14 day cruises. So can I skip the Verifly altogether?

I just downloaded Verifly to take a look, the button for "upload proof of Covid vaccination" is whited out and I can't click on it. How can i upload proof? Do I need to do this at all?

The button "Complete health assessment" is available. But what health assessment do I need to do? I was of the understanding that no testing or vaccination is now required?

There is an online health assessment that needs to be filled out online within 72 hours of sailing

15 minutes ago, zhuangcorp said:

It's just an online questionnaire? no actual physical test is required?

Correct - you see the requirement in the documents section when doing your online checkin.  I believe that a few cruise destinations still require testing.  It is all detailed on the HAL website.

To answer your question about VeriFLY, no, you don't have to do it at all. 
It may shorten your time to check in, but it may increase your frustration level in the meantime as a trade-off. 

• Like 1

Holland America is no longer using VeriFLY for cruises that no longer require testing or vaccination.  They just updated the protocols so now most cruises don’t require vaccination or testing for anyone.

Edited by habitatnal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, habitatnal said:

Holland America is no longer using VeriFLY for cruises that no longer require testing or vaccination.  They just updated the protocols so now most cruises don’t require vaccination or testing for anyone.

What about the online health assessment. Don't we have to do that?

10 hours ago, habitatnal said:

I just looked up the protocols for our November cruise.  No vaccination required nor a test.  It still says to use Verifly.  We loaded our vaccination code a few weeks ago and the app is waiting on our health assessment.  Of course in typical HAL fashion it could all change again during the next two weeks.

Nov 5 sailing same. No testing, no vaccine requirement.

I'm on board with the change.  I was on board with the original restrictions, too. Testing certainly wasn't stopping covid from getting on board but it was undoubtedly reducing the number of cases that came on board.  Given the exponential nature of spread it was better to start with less, even if zero wasn't attainable.  I would be sympathetic and respect the argument of anyone who wasn't happy about this / doesn't think we're there yet, but all in all in my mind it makes sense at this point.

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I just looked up the protocols for our November cruise.  No vaccination required nor a test.  It still says to use Verifly.  We loaded our vaccination code a few weeks ago and the app is waiting on our health assessment.  Of course in typical HAL fashion it could all change again during the next two weeks.

I called Holland America and they said for cruises that have dropped all protocols VeriFLY is no longer being used since there is nothing to upload to the app.  The VeriFLY line is gone at the port. Since the OP couldn’t upload their vaccination card I think VeriFLY is truly not be used anymore.

The real test to see if VeriFLY is truly gone will be people’s experiences at the port.  I will be curious to see what people report back.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, habitatnal said:

I called Holland America and they said for cruises that have dropped all protocols VeriFLY is no longer being used since there is nothing to upload to the app.  The VeriFLY line is gone at the port.

GOOD NEWS.  Thanks for sharing.....just deleted my app!

11 minutes ago, habitatnal said:

I called Holland America and they said for cruises that have dropped all protocols VeriFLY is no longer being used since there is nothing to upload to the app.  The VeriFLY line is gone at the port. Since the OP couldn’t upload their vaccination card I think VeriFLY is truly not be used anymore.

The real test to see if VeriFLY is truly gone will be people’s experiences at the port.  I will be curious to see what people report back.

It will be nice to have one less app on the phone.  I’ll find out for certain on 11/6.

47 minutes ago, habitatnal said:

So without Verifly, where do we do the online health assessment?

21 minutes ago, zhuangcorp said:

Where are these check in documents?

Go to www.hollandamericaline.com 

Click "Already Booked"

Click "Check in"

Enter the data and off you go......the health forms are a part of "check in".