4 Legged 5 Star Mariner

HAL-4-me-1952

Joska is an amazing dog with quite a travel history.  I do feel bad for her, however, as she will be retiring after they get home.  From what I understand, she will go to another home and will be replaced by a younger service dog.  I hope she doesn’t feel she’s being abandoned by her owners after being in their lives for so long.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Joska is an amazing dog with quite a travel history.  I do feel bad for her, however, as she will be retiring after they get home.  From what I understand, she will go to another home and will be replaced by a younger service dog.  I hope she doesn’t feel she’s being abandoned by her owners after being in their lives for so long.  

When their dog retires, some of the owners keep the dogs as family pets. I have also read about K-9 police officers and airport K-9 custom officers also adopting the dogs when they retire.

• Like 3

It's nice to see a real service dog on the ships. I was on a cruise where a woman in a scooter brought her fake one, a shih-tzu, fed it from the table and then let it bark at people walking by. Service dogs are not fed from the table! I'm still trying to convince my father in law this for his dog that he bought a "service dog license" off the internet for $100.

• Like 1