Will he board with us?

mcatmcat

3 hours ago, slyster said:

You might be right.  They asked, “do you think they can board with us”.  That means you are interpreting the question and making assumptions.  I don’t like assumptions when we don’t know the OP or what they were thinking. 

I get it though…some do ask in hopes of getting permission.  A new one we see often is my check is time is later, “do you think it’s okay if I show up earlier”.  Folks are showing up earlier because depending on the port, the RC reps are allowing it while some ports are enforcing it.

All this goes back to my opinion, its the RC rep who needs to be consistent.  We could have nipped this thread in the bud if everyone said, “no, they don’t allow it”, but you have people who were told yes.

I definitely get what you are saying though. Suite line is for people who booked suites. I don’t disagree with that.

To clarify, I did not mean this specific OP.  I'm referring to the OPs that admit upfront that they know the rules, but are fishing for support in ignoring the rules.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 4:31 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I will bet my last dollar PCUR is one of those Pinnacles who always wears their Pinnacle name tag every where on the ship and expects special treatment just like she does when it comes to boarding procedures. 

Yep, we agree.  And after seeing the behavior of some (not all) pinnacles on our recent cruise on Brilliance we really understand why people get disgusted with pinnacles.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 9:52 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

My least favorite word:  BLAME.

To me it’s meaning is “I don’t want to or will not take responsibility, it’s someone else’s fault”

Who is John Galt?  

sorry, for reference I just read Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged on my cruise.  Google it.

On 10/30/2022 at 10:07 AM, dolfan1980 said:

A spouse on the same reservation is able to board with you, the same as in this case the person in your cabin can go in the line with you.  But if I'm with five co-workers, I either board with them in their zone or I leave them and board in mine.  I don't try to take 5 extra non-status people with me.  

Most airlines allow ONE traveling companion to check and board with the priority person.

NOT 5.

• Like 1