"The Red Book"

CineGraphic

We just disembarked the Scarlet Lady after 9 glorious days......we're cancelling all cruises on other lines. We're hooked.

In every cabin, there should be a copy of the "Red Book".

It's loaded with great info, so I photographed each page and made a PDF of it so you can read it before boarding.

VV Red Book smaller-compressed.pdf

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for taking the time to create a copy of The Red Book. 

Like you we are long time Princess cruisers - but have already booked two cruises on Virgin.  We like what we have seen and heard online about the Scarlet Lady and are disappointed with the direction Princess has been heading.

Hopefully you will post your experiences on this cruise on the Princess thread.

Thanks again.

Edited by We_like_to_cruise
spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

Hopefully you will post your experiences on this cruise on the Princess thread.

I originally planned on posting about my on board experience over there, but that forum is filled with hate. I'm not going to waste my time. Someone will eventually pick up on the fact that I don't post there anymore, and figure it out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Was hoping to find you here!  I was looking forward to hearing about your Virgin experience on the Princess board but was wondering if you would return after all the negativity?   We like Princess but are not opposed to trying other lines.  Virgin intrigues me and by this post I can see you enjoyed it very much!  Will miss your comments on Princess, but would appreciate your impressions in comparison.

Diane

• Like 2

So glad you had a good time!!!

I posted on the "other" page a comparison of my recent cruise on the Discovery versus Scarlet. Some folks were receptive and some not so much. Folks over there keep asking if you are coming back with your review. Some do really want to hear about it. The others - well just ignore them.

I have also posted on the post here "Will Princess ever come to the West Coast". I have so many clients who are located west of the Missouri river who just can't justify spending more on airfare then they do on their cruise. So they won't even look a Virgin even though they think they will really like it. 

Thanks for sharing the Red Book. It brought back such fond memories.

Hopefully we will some day meet on Scarlet or one of her sisters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I originally planned on posting about my on board experience over there, but that forum is filled with hate. I'm not going to waste my time. Someone will eventually pick up on the fact that I don't post there anymore, and figure it out.

You do seem to still post negative comments such as the one in the 360 street. Is kind of funny that your posts there over the last few months have all been negative. Then you start a stream about Virgin there and get some reactions that differ with your view and you call it hate.

Edited by ldtr

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

You do seem to still post negative comments such as the one in the 360 street. Is kind of funny that your posts there over the last few months have all been negative. Then you start a stream about Virgin there and get some reactions that differ with your view and you call it hate.

Complaining about a sub-par cruise is not hate.

For years I was nothing but supportive of Princess, but you wouldn't know that because you've only been a member since May.

Here's a couple of reviews I dug up in a few secs.

It helps to do some homework before slinging mud.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=679390

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=663102

We really enjoyed our 5 nights on Scarlet Lady, though that was not near enough time to try everything. Still looking at booking an 8 nighter on Valiant before she heads back across the pond. If Virgin replaces that net with a new pool and maybe swim up bar, that will be a darn near perfect ship. That's really the only complaint I had onboard was the tremendous wasted space on the back of Deck 16 with that net. Great photo op, but that's about it. If anyone wants to see it I have a 5 part vlog series on my YouTube channel with a food tour, cabin tour (Cheeky Corner Suite) and overall review of the ship. CC doesn't allow me to post directly links but you can find the Where's Walter Travel on YT channel easily enough. 🙂

I'm really about curious your experience with the dining rooms and the crowds of late. We sailed with 1100 in July and everything was fantastic, but I have seen some posts saying the ship has gotten a little more chaotic as the ship has filled up. Long lines to wait for dinner, the "Grab N Go" not being replenished throughout the day and the like. The only real crowding we had in July was the pools because they're so small. But otherwise we had no issues with dining, Grab N Go, the shows and everything else. Did you find any issues with crowding and wait times onboard? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Complaining about a sub-par cruise is not hate.

For years I was nothing but supportive of Princess, but you wouldn't know that because you've only been a member since May.

Here's a couple of reviews I dug up in a few secs.

It helps to do some homework before slinging mud.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=679390

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=663102

Actually I have been on these boards for a long time.  I asked them to delete my old account when I disagreed with some of their policies a couple of years ago.  My original account went away a several years ago when they had problems with a system change and had to create a new one.  So while this account is relatively new I have been here pretty for quite a while.

It always amazes me that the first thing some people seem to check is the date of account creation.

Not slinging mud just pointing out that even though you stated that you were not posting on Princess you still were, at least negative comments.  AS has most of your comments on that board for several months. Also that you stated too much hate when it seemed to be more disagreements with your position.  

Edited by ldtr

2 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Not slinging mud just pointing out that even though you stated that you were not posting on Princess you still were, at least negative comments. 

This is getting waaay off topic, and the last I respond to this nonsense, but check the dates....and I can assure you, I have no interest in posting over there ever again.

My apologies to everyone else that are here for the Virgin Voyages info.

14 minutes ago, WheresWalter said:

I'm really about curious your experience with the dining rooms and the crowds of late. We sailed with 1100 in July and everything was fantastic, but I have seen some posts saying the ship has gotten a little more chaotic as the ship has filled up. Long lines to wait for dinner, the "Grab N Go" not being replenished throughout the day and the like. The only real crowding we had in July was the pools because they're so small. But otherwise we had no issues with dining, Grab N Go, the shows and everything else. Did you find any issues with crowding and wait times onboard? 

We were on a B2B. The first sailing had 1700, and the 2nd only had 1K.

Our reservations were always for 8pm...there was usually nobody in line, but it there was a line, it was always short, and moved quickly. Grab & Go always seemed stocked, and everything that we ordered drink-wise was available.

We are not pool people, so that's never been a concern of ours.

We were able to find lovely quiet spots anytime we wanted to.

The ship, the crew, and our fellow sailors were all fantastic.

The only time there was a wait that was longer than it should was during our first day in Bimini.

Everyone returned to the ship early because of the heavy winds, and the "Dock" only had one waitress making the rounds. I simply sent a text via the app to guest services that this poor waitress was in the weeds, and before you knew it, they had an entire team of folks show up to help get food & drink orders taken/served. I was very impressed with how quickly they responded.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

And your experiences /opinions/thoughts are missed by some

Edited by that
Spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

We really enjoyed our 5 nights on Scarlet Lady, though that was not near enough time to try everything. Still looking at booking an 8 nighter on Valiant before she heads back across the pond. If Virgin replaces that net with a new pool and maybe swim up bar, that will be a darn near perfect ship. That's really the only complaint I had onboard was the tremendous wasted space on the back of Deck 16 with that net. Great photo op, but that's about it. If anyone wants to see it I have a 5 part vlog series on my YouTube channel with a food tour, cabin tour (Cheeky Corner Suite) and overall review of the ship. CC doesn't allow me to post directly links but you can find the Where's Walter Travel on YT channel easily enough. 🙂

We sailed on Scarlet Lady for the second time 10/14-10/19 and unfortunately we had some issues we didn't have previously when we sailed with Virgin for the first time in August. Happily the Gran N Go were always availabe but in some restuarants (The Wake - dinner, Razzle Dazzle - breakfast) we waited forever for our food, (as did others around us), and in one case at The Dock where we were completely forgotten about.  It's unfortunate because the first time around it was an absolute perfect cruise which is what prompted us to book again for October. Also in October there were 3-4 times as many people as in August, perhaps that was the issue, but it really shoudn't be.

Just off Valiant 14 night TA with 1400 sailors.  Yes, there were sometimes short lines for dinner---maybe 5 tables ahead of us being seated and it took 2-3 minutes till we were able to check in.  No real issue at all.  The Grab N Go boxes in The Galley were spotty.  At Bento Baby, there were always plenty, but in the cases as you enter/exit, it really varied in terms of amount and content quality.  No explanation.
Food quality was exceptional, including at some of the restaurants that I didn't expect to be favorites.  Crew was amazing.  Bottom line, I have 3 more VV cruises booked.  We have done 40+ cruises on at least 6 lines.  VV is my current favorite.  THat's not to say that I wouldn't sail another line for various reasons.  VV currently doesn't go to Alaska or Japan, but Princess does, for example.  I'm not saying that VV is perfect, but it is certainly at the top of anything we've seen recently.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to get feedback after your cruise on Virgin, as our younger family members might prefer this. Sad to see you took offence on Princess board. It takes a tough skin to participate in these forums.

The negative quips on Princess & the raving posts of Virgin, probably brought on the response you got.

Anyway, I do appreciate the sharing in regards to the cabins and hearing about the differences in food, entertainment.  I have not ruled them out. I am looking for cruises that go to different ports and open to giving others a try.

glad you enjoyed Virgin and May your enthusiasm for them last.

dog

On 10/30/2022 at 3:02 PM, WheresWalter said:

Just went and watched your youtube reviews and really enjoyed them.  Thanks for posting those.  also loved the in room cocktail one as it answered some of the questions I had about the Rockstar suite bar and the cocktail mix options available.  Looks like can make a great cocktail in the room.  Hoping they offer olives and olive juice for a dirty martini for hubs.  We sail 12/4/22 and I am trying to get all the info I can.  Have our resturants booked.  thanks again.  

Edited by herdfans4

1 hour ago, herdfans4 said:

Hoping they offer olives and olive juice for a dirty martini for hubs. 

depends how good your rockstar agent is.  some go above and beyond, others seem to love the word "no!"  if you're mega rockstar, the in room bar is kind of pointless - i'd rather have good drinks out and about vs. what we were able to make with the limited variety of mixers available in the room.

• Like 2