Spa Question-Thermal Suite

RiciRicardo

3 hours ago, poffles said:

Currently I am working on justifying to myself if I would make the cost of a week 'pass' worth it.

I feel like that's a personal decision. Some people can't cruise without the drinking packages and such. For us, it's the spas and pools.. we've reached a point where it's a requirement. So all of the newer Carnival ships (Vista class) are out, simply because they are a joke in the spa area. You just have to decide what's important to you, where you find enjoyment on the ship.

I do wish there was a spreadsheeet somewhere across cruise lines that showed which ones had large proper thalassotherapy pools. Also looking for land based resorts that have them. My wife loves them and the heated loungers.

7 minutes ago, five. said:

I feel like that's a personal decision. Some people can't cruise without the drinking packages and such. For us, it's the spas and pools.. we've reached a point where it's a requirement. So all of the newer Carnival ships (Vista class) are out, simply because they are a joke in the spa area. You just have to decide what's important to you, where you find enjoyment on the ship.

I do wish there was a spreadsheeet somewhere across cruise lines that showed which ones had large proper thalassotherapy pools. Also looking for land based resorts that have them. My wife loves them and the heated loungers.

FYI, Celebrity M class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Summit, and Constellation) have a large thalassotherapy that is complimentary to use.  The rest of the thermal suite isn't great though and limited to Aqua class or paid passes.

3 hours ago, five. said:

I feel like that's a personal decision.

Yes ... this is why I said "I" am working on justifying to myself. It is absolutely a personal decision.

I've sailed Celebrity for the past 10 years and they do not have a thalassotherapy pool in their spas.  They do have them on their smaller millennium class ships, they are larger 'pool' size free for all adults in a main deck area, therefore a spa pass just for heated chairs was never even a thought for me.

3 hours ago, five. said:

Some people can't cruise without the drinking packages and such. For us, it's the spas and pools.. we've reached a point where it's a requirement.

Us too!

No drink package and we are fine with the lido swill (coffee) but the hydro suite is a requirement and a "must upgrade".

Again, glad we have choices with Holland America Line.