Spa Question-Thermal Suite

RiciRicardo

Just packing for our Southern/Eastern cruise on the Nieuw Statendam.

When I looked at the spa info on the web-site they showed you can purchase a pass for the length of the cruise, but…..never mentioned if you could just purchase a day pass. Not sure if I would want to go for a steam every day to get my $$$ worth out of a pass.

Does anyone know?

Thanks, so looking forward to cruising again!!!!!!

6 hours ago, RiciRicardo said:

Not sure if I would want to go for a steam every day to get my $$$ worth out of a pass.

That pass allows you to use the Hydrothermal Pool, the Thermal Ceramic Beds. as well as the other amenities of the Suite which does include the Sauna and Steam facility.  Also, the locker room and showers available are good.  Depending on the facilities that you intend to use, then your choice of a cruise long or daily pass is your choice.  I buy a cruise long pass and get my money's worth.  

• 1 month later...

Did not want to start a new thread so I am posting here.  Mrs Fan and I are HAL newbies and I have some questions about the TS.

We are sailing on the Rotterdam out of Amsterdam in August this coming year (7-day Norse Legends).  I am very interested in purchasing the Thermal Suite for the week.  I sailed on another line, and we were situated below the spa.  I would go up in the early morning and hit the steam room, sauna and then the shower which was way bigger than our cabin shower (I'm 6'4") while Mrs Fan enjoyed her morning tea.

Safe to assume that without paid TS access, the steam/sauna would be off limits? For the $150/week cost, it seems like money I would spend for the access.

Any comments and recommendations would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, fsufancc said:

Did not want to start a new thread so I am posting here.  Mrs Fan and I are HAL newbies and I have some questions about the TS.

We are sailing on the Rotterdam out of Amsterdam in August this coming year (7-day Norse Legends).  I am very interested in purchasing the Thermal Suite for the week.  I sailed on another line, and we were situated below the spa.  I would go up in the early morning and hit the steam room, sauna and then the shower which was way bigger than our cabin shower (I'm 6'4") while Mrs Fan enjoyed her morning tea.

Safe to assume that without paid TS access, the steam/sauna would be off limits? For the $150/week cost, it seems like money I would spend for the access.

Any comments and recommendations would be appreciated.

Besides what you mentioned they have the t- pool which you lay on a rack with warm churning water massaging you. Then they have heated tile loungers with floor to ceiling windows to watch for whatever till you fall asleep

I have only cruised 2x.   Both HAL.   Both with cruise long TS pass.   I use fitness room at least once per day and the steam, sauna, hydro 2x daily.   It is well worth it.   Wouldn't book a cruise without this option.

There are limits to capacity and sea days maybe hard to get a day pass.

Edited by bdd123

On 12/1/2022 at 10:02 AM, olya1972 said:

I am also interested in one day pass only , however there is only a weekly pass available for purchase through HAL site or Navigator app ( Rotterdam cruise coming up this December). How do you pre-book/ purchase a daily pass?

My understanding is the daily pass sales are limited by capacity and depends how many weekly (actually full cruise) passes are sold.  Since they don't know those numbers ahead of time, it's first-come, first-served for the daily pass.

That's my understanding, but we usually purchase the full cruise passes (why did they eliminate the couple's pass😡?).  However, a future cruise will be 31 days in a hot weather climate so we probably will skip the full cruise pass and try the daily pass.

16 minutes ago, fusion927 said:

My understanding is the daily pass sales are limited by capacity and depends how many weekly (actually full cruise) passes are sold.  Since they don't know those numbers ahead of time, it's first-come, first-served for the daily pass.

That's my understanding, but we usually purchase the full cruise passes (why did they eliminate the couple's pass😡?).  However, a future cruise will be 31 days in a hot weather climate so we probably will skip the full cruise pass and try the daily pass.

Thank You. I will try to book couple of daily passes when we first board.

We dis-embarked yesterday from the Nieuw Statendam (11/26/22).

I paid $178 for 7 days (bought onboard).

Her Majesty paid $290.60 for a combo deal they were selling during the embarkation spa tour.  She got the 7 day thermal pass and a facial treatment (the 18% tip for the treatment was included).  She said it saved $135 vs buying the thermal pass and facial treatment stand alone. 

BTW, the spa (and cruise) were awesome.  Everything in the spa worked.  Went at least 1x sometimes 2x.....It's our fun splurge.  Never had difficulty securing a heated lounge or having room in the pool.

She said it saved $90 bucks.  

• Like 3

For those who have bought the multi-day spa access recently, do you have to make a timed reservation?

I purchased the 14 day thermal spa pass on an 18-day circle Hawaii cruise. I would imagine that most would think as  I do and want to use the access on sea days. Interestingly, there was no 18 day option.

thanks in advance

No, you show up and give them your room key and they give you a badge for door access. When you're done with the facilities, you trade back. You come and go at your own leisure. As often or for long as you like. I mean there are some common courtesies if there is a line or something, but I've never ran into that.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, poffles said:

I found something that says until 10pm ... and 8pm on the last cruise day.

That sounds correct. There is a chance that last cruise day may fluctuate, I feel like ours was either 6 or 7. It is so they can clean between cruises. Or that is what I was told when I asked. Our routine had been to end the night in there.

15 hours ago, five. said:

......Our routine had been to end the night in there.

I was definitely thinking it would be nice to go up there in the evenings when perhaps it might be quiet.  Currently I am working on justifying to myself if I would make the cost of a week 'pass' worth it.  It seems I can't yet purchase it online, it shows up but it doesn't allow me to actually add to cart which I'm guessing perhaps the cruise has to be a bit closer as mine isn't until end of May so 6 months from now.

2 hours ago, poffles said:

I was definitely thinking it would be nice to go up there in the evenings when perhaps it might be quiet.  Currently I am working on justifying to myself if I would make the cost of a week 'pass' worth it.  It seems I can't yet purchase it online, it shows up but it doesn't allow me to actually add to cart which I'm guessing perhaps the cruise has to be a bit closer as mine isn't until end of May so 6 months from now.

I enjoyed the TS every day on my 10 day Eurodam cruise last month, it was $198 of OBC that I needed to spend anyway.   Had to wait to purchase it onboard to use the OBC, they did throw in a free 'scrub' and loofa (which looked homemade) since I purchased it on embarkation day 🙄.

I noticed HAL's website was having intermittent problems with purchases and saving information yesterday.  Perhaps that is still ongoing.  You can try again.   I've found that the HAL website seems to work better in Firefox rather than Chrome.

Edited by TickledBlue