Well, this was crazy (Glory)

spleenstomper

Hey, everyone!

Yesterday, I booked my son and me on a group friends cruise out of New Orleans on January 2, 2023. 6 nights western Caribbean. It was stressful as heck on the website— very glitchy, so I called the group’s cruise travel agent. It turns out, I literally got THE LAST cabin. (A balcony for 2 for right under 2K 😳)

The cruise is now sold out. That is insane. I kinda forgot about the invite to take the cruise and my son called to remind me because it’s his friend‘s family who planned it. 

Anyway, finally payment was due etc and the TA did verify it was the last cabin available.  Lido deck, forward, but a balcony which is what we wanted. 

Don’t you all think the last person who books should get a cookie or something? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, spleenstomper said:

I do have a collection of tiaras that I wear when I’m having a bad day lol. Maybe I should bring one? 👸 

Now you're thinking! Tiaras go with everything, shorts, swimsuits, etc.  Maybe add a sash that says "Booked Last Cabin".🤣

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

Well, this is even weirder because I checked just now and a bunch of cabins are open. Maybe people didn’t make their final payment? He said the person he spoke with verified mine was the last cabin. 

Now I’m going to look to see what is available. 

It could be that or a TA released cabins back to Carnival (or someone cancelled).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spleenstomper said:

Well, this is even weirder because I checked just now and a bunch of cabins are open. Maybe people didn’t make their final payment? He said the person he spoke with verified mine was the last cabin. 

Now I’m going to look to see what is available. 

Around final payment all the group space TAs are holding goes back. Rates often drop right after. I wouldnt have bought this is the very last cabin if they said that... just the last right then. Good ,luck. Carnival doesnt usually allow downgrading. 

• Like 1