Del mar latino beach club in Cozumel

sad549s

We have been there twice. It is owned by the Nachi Cocom family and the food and customer service are the same.  It is a tiny place, with just a bar, loungers, and a pool.  The only access to the water is down some stairs into an area with rocks, so good for snorkeling but not wading/swimming.  I believe that is why it is adults only.  It is easy walking distance from the port area, peaceful and relaxing, with good food and drinks.  And a great view of the harbor and ships. It was $29 when we went twice last year. 

We have been several times since it opened about 4 years ago. The above price was a promotional price when they reopened after Covid and they have returned to regular price, unless already booked at promotional rate. We enjoy it for convenience and price, no taxi required from International.

Generally it is adult only for the weekday beach club but at weekends there is a Sunday Brunch which is popular with families and there may be children in the pool.

As stated it is very small and no beach. Pool is small and not very deep but is good for socializing and cooling off. Website is very accurate with description and photos but many people fail to read it and are disappointed. Unfortunately there have been cutbacks from the original menus, especially this year like many places, but food and service have always been very good. Menu is more like “small plates” (not full sized meals) but is unlimited. Drinks are unlimited. Prices are probably for hotel guests like Nachi Cocom, not AI guests.

• 1 month later...

Just went on Tuesday. It was great! A little smaller than I thought it would be, but the service was fantastic. Yaz took good care of us! I took a small float that is easy to blow up and just floated in the water. Easy to get to by walking from Carnival's port, Puerta Maya. The restrooms were very clean, also. There aren't any lockers. I didn't feel like I needed one with so few people around. Will definitely be back next time I am in Cozumel.

• Like 2