Problem with website?

gwesq

Just booked yesterday for FEb 8 Splendor.  Trying to book dining, CUlinary & excursions.  Every Culinary class is sold out.  Pretty much every Shore Excursion is not available so I selected Waitlist.  BUT then when I go to my Cart, there is nothing there.  Went back & selected shore excursions again - but still showing I have nothing booked nor waitlisted.   Have spent the last 2 hours selecting excursions, but have to start again from scratch?    Where are my selections going?

The Dining reservations do show up.   

Do Waitlisted excursions generally open up to allow booking once on the ship?

Also, not allowed to make any changes to profile.  It has an old email address. want to change, but it keeps jumping back to the old one.  

It was only by accident when booking tours recently that when I had chosen them and clicked on the ‘payment’  button that I noticed at the bottom of the page as I scrolled down another button asking to confirm (or complete I can’t remember ). Just in case you missed that.

While there are no guarantees, waitlisted excursions frequently clear in our experience.  The fact that they allow you to waitlist implies that the capacity can be expanded whereas if there is no possibility because the controlling element (like a submersible) is fully booked and there is only one. 

46 minutes ago, Portolan said:

While there are no guarantees, waitlisted excursions frequently clear in our experience.  The fact that they allow you to waitlist implies that the capacity can be expanded whereas if there is no possibility because the controlling element (like a submersible) is fully booked and there is only one. 

Yes, I noticed that on a few they did not even allow to Waitlist.   I guess that could explain why.

My selected tours never showed up in my Cart, so there was nothing there to "Confirm Your Tours."

Have to  start from scratch now.   

On an earlier cruise I had a problem booking excursions that seems similar to yours. Look on the excursion booking page for a rather inconspicuous red error code. In my case the only way I found to book excursions was to call Regent and have them do it for me. Mike Moore said they were working on it, maybe the fix wasn’t perfect. 

Gwesq

i seem to always have problems booking the tours. I find d the process tedious! I have learned to book only one at a time, that is go through the whole process before doing another tour. 
When you pick a tour or waitlist one you have to add it to your cart then go to the pay part even though it might be a free tour. You will get other button to click that will confirm the tour. This happens over several screen changes until you see the last one that shows the receipt for the booked /waitlisted tour. Sounds like you are missing one of the steps. If you don’t click all the buttons your cart will be empty when you finish. I have leaned not to waste my time doing several at once because I usually miss something and wind up with nothing!

Maybe somebody can tell the exact order of the clicks…. It been several weeks since I did ours for our Dec cruises, but half the time if I did more than one tour at a time came up with an empty cart!

9 minutes ago, cwn said:

Gwesq

i seem to always have problems booking the tours. I find d the process tedious! I have learned to book only one at a time, that is go through the whole process before doing another tour. 
When you pick a tour or waitlist one you have to add it to your cart then go to the pay part even though it might be a free tour. You will get other button to click that will confirm the tour. This happens over several screen changes until you see the last one that shows the receipt for the booked /waitlisted tour. Sounds like you are missing one of the steps. If you don’t click all the buttons your cart will be empty when you finish. I have leaned not to waste my time doing several at once because I usually miss something and wind up with nothing!

Maybe somebody can tell the exact order of the clicks…. It been several weeks since I did ours for our Dec cruises, but half the time if I did more than one tour at a time came up with an empty cart!

That's what I am going to try. Thanks.  Sadly, just about everything is already sold out.  Booking this close to the cruise causes that.   Last time we cruised on Regent I don't believe there was an opportunity to book online ahead of time. That was 13 years ago.  Easier.  

We booked tours in early Oct for our Dec cruises. Some I had to waitlist, but we have cleared the waitlist so there is a good chance everything will work out for you too. Also check at the tour desk when you first board. They may have openings on some tours what you really wanted or they can add you to their wait list. The free tours tend to make people sign up months in advance (to get their monies worth) then change their minds once in the ship as late as the morning of the tour.

AAAARGH!!!! SO I went and did one at a time.  I got the 1st one in, it showed up, and I received an email confirming it.  Then went and did another, and what I had earlier disappeared.  So tried again, booked one, and the previous ones disappeared, despite getting emails confirming.  This is really frustrating.  Will probably end up calling to do it - defeats the purpose on being able to do it online at leasure.

If you are getting emails confirming the tour you are booked for that tour. In the booking section if you are doing one at a time the booked list will only show the one you are working on.

somewhere in manage my bookings it will show all booked tours. 
I will look and see if I can find it. I don’t like the booking system. For some reason I always have problems working it. I nearly when crazy booking tour for our world cruise a few years ago.

Edited by cwn

Ok I just checked my Dec cruise. Go to manage this booking and click on custom tours, you should see a summary of all booked or waitlisted tours to date. This list updated fairly fast when I was doing my tours. If all else fails call you TA or Regent. They will do it for you. Good Luck

8 minutes ago, cwn said:

Ok I just checked my Dec cruise. Go to manage this booking and click on custom tours, you should see a summary of all booked or waitlisted tours to date. This list updated fairly fast when I was doing my tours. If all else fails call you TA or Regent. They will do it for you. Good Luck

So they are!  🙂   Thank you.