Best cabins for large balcony / family for Alaska (Brilliance or Radiance probably?)

So sorry if this is a dumb question - I've tried searching but haven't come up with much. 

I'm trying to book a family cruise to Alaska, and eyeing Royal Carrib. 

The only other cruise I've done was on Celebrity, and they have some cool Aft cabins that have really big balconies - if I were cruising them, I'd aim to get one of those for a) views on sea days and b) just more room for my fam of 4 in one cabin. 

Curious what you experienced cruisers would recommend I look for for a family of 4, ideally with a good setup and spacious balcony? (Or is there some reason that's not ideal?) RIght now I'm playing whack-a-mole with the RCCL website and having trouble figuring out what room type might be ideal! 

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions! 

9 minutes ago, quiescentlyfrozen said:

So sorry if this is a dumb question - I've tried searching but haven't come up with much. 

I'm trying to book a family cruise to Alaska, and eyeing Royal Carrib. 

The only other cruise I've done was on Celebrity, and they have some cool Aft cabins that have really big balconies - if I were cruising them, I'd aim to get one of those for a) views on sea days and b) just more room for my fam of 4 in one cabin. 

Curious what you experienced cruisers would recommend I look for for a family of 4, ideally with a good setup and spacious balcony? (Or is there some reason that's not ideal?) RIght now I'm playing whack-a-mole with the RCCL website and having trouble figuring out what room type might be ideal! 

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions! 

One of our Alaska cruises was on Radiance in a corner aft junior suite (1100).  Cabin has a very large balcony that was great for glacier viewing.  Cabin has a sofabed for two, though it is kind of snug.  There is also a large walk-in closet and bathroom with a tub.  Was plenty of room for two and wouldn't be bad for 4.

My extended family has done the Ultra Spacious OV. However they just sailed with us in September on Serenade (Radiance classs) and they (2 adults 2 kids) had the 2 bedrm/2 baths GS #1054 (old CL) loved this cabin..but no balcony.

Then of course there's the aft #1600 GS that has a balcony.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, quiescentlyfrozen said:

Thank you for all the replies so far! Definitely going to check out the OV and the GS's! 

Is there a way on the RCCL site to look up a suite in particular / see when it has availability? Or do I need to just look through each date range until I spot something? 

THanks for all the help here!

If you can manage to get the #1054 you'll love it...just huge...but there's only one of these cabins.

The OV was just ok...small and one bathroom....not their favorite.

Best of luck !!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...