Solstice Berth Number in San Pedro, 93 or 46 outer berth?

Wendini

Hi, hearing that the Mexican Riveria cruise on Solstice sometimes has a change from the usual Berth 93, to an far outer berth? Does anyone know more on this and what address one would use to give Uber for either of these? I assume it's 100 Swinford for 93, but what if there is a change to the outer berth? TIA!

Quick note on this… our Halloween Cruise embarkation was not at the normal berth, we didn’t find out until we arrived at berth 93, and not via any advance communication from Celeb.  

FYI… When we disembarked, it was at berth 93. So anyone who parked their car at the far lot where embarkation occurred, found themselves in need of transportation when they got off the ship as it’s not a walkable distance IMHO.  

Plan accordingly if you’re driving yourselves, parking at the terminal, and the embarkation area has been changed  🙂

Edited by DenGNNJ

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

When is your cruise?  We are sailing on 12/3 are are scheduled for 93. 
Here is a link to the berth assignments.

https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule

Ours was scheduled similarly.  We were told by Celebrity on site that it was a last minute change, hence all the confusion.

18 hours ago, DenGNNJ said:

Ours was scheduled similarly.  We were told by Celebrity on site that it was a last minute change, hence all the confusion.

Good to hear that it is always a possibility to have a pier change.   I've had that even happen in Port Everglades

On 11/13/2022 at 9:07 PM, Wendini said:

Hi, hearing that the Mexican Riveria cruise on Solstice sometimes has a change from the usual Berth 93, to an far outer berth? Does anyone know more on this and what address one would use to give Uber for either of these? I assume it's 100 Swinford for 93, but what if there is a change to the outer berth? TIA!

The outer berth Pier 46 address is 3011 Miner Street, San Pedro.

It’s an event center that doubles as a makeshift cruise terminal when the other normal berths are full. We boarded there once in 2018. A relative dropped us off, but if I remember correctly there’s no long term parking available. Shuttles ran from the main terminal area where long term parking is available. 

If you wind wind up sailing from there, just pack your patience and accept the fact you won’t be curbside to your stateroom in 10 minutes time! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good to hear that it is always a possibility to have a pier change.   I've had that even happen in Port Everglades

It was annoying and frustrating, but easily forgotten once we were on board.

TBH my biggest concern was possibly missing Lobster Roll lunch day at Luminae… we didn’t… we made it with time to spare.  LOL

Edited by DenGNNJ

2 hours ago, DenGNNJ said:

It was annoying and frustrating, but easily forgotten once we were on board.

TBH my biggest concern was possibly missing Lobster Roll lunch day at Luminae… we didn’t… we made it with time to spare.  LOL

Can understand the concern.   Curious as to when you learned of the Terminal Change?   Was it the day of the cruise or a couple days before?

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Can understand the concern.   Curious as to when you learned of the Terminal Change?   Was it the day of the cruise or a couple days before?

We learned the terminal was changed when we got to the port and there was no Soltice to be found.  Had we had gotten an email from Celeb., we would have Ubered to the alternate port instead of Berth 93.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DenGNNJ said:

We learned the terminal was changed when we got to the port and there was no Soltice to be found.  Had we had gotten an email from Celeb., we would have Ubered to the alternate port instead of Berth 93.

What did you expect, someone besides the new bookings department to be working on a weekend?  Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DenGNNJ said:

That is beyond frustrating!

for anyone on upcoming sailings, I would check that website (I need to google to see if there are any other options. Perhaps the cruise mapper site as an alternative ) to see if it’s live updated with changes.

You should know Solstice’s location once it arrives on Saturday morning by 7am. I plan on doing that Saturday when we head out there. 

• Like 2