Seabourn Capacity?

lux4me

We are on the Sojourn for Dec 21st.  I know it is showing as soldout...But are they back to 100%

How are the ships at 100%.  Every time we have sailed Seabourn it has never been more than 70%

any advice?

Seabourn has certainly sailed at 100% capacity before. While ships have generally been less full in the year and a half since cruising resumed, there have definitely been reports of ships at full capacity this year.

I'm not sure what advice you are looking for? Every cruise line aims to fill its ships.

If you're talking about Covid issues, I imagine they may still be holding some lower-level suites out of circulation for people who need to be isolated. But it seems most people now quarantine in their own suite, unless one person is negative and wants to be in a separate suite from their positive traveling companion. So 100% capacity -- or sold-out -- may not be the same as pre-Covid 100%.

1 hour ago, lux4me said:

Do the bars, pool, public areas seem very crowded at 100%

We were on the Sojourn recently - in the Med, so it was quite warm, the ship was full and, yes, the pool deck was crowded.  We avoided it for the entire cruise.  The Sky Bar was our favourite in the evenings, never crowded.  The Observation Lounge could get crowded, with sometimes slow service, and very noisy.

Edited by Fletcher

We are just off 14 days on Encore - Istanbul to Athens. Ship had 175 first week and 250 second week. They are expecting over 500 next week to Dubai. It was wonderful at <50% capacity and I’m sure will be

when sailing FULL. There were lots of new staff, however training seemed to be thorough and staff were very quickly up to speed. 

• Like 2