Booking future cruise onboard benefits

gwenmarie

4 hours ago, gwenmarie said:

I am interested in a future cruise and will be on a ship later in December. Should I wait till then to book the future cruise till onboard? Any additional perks offered?

You will get to be rushed and insulted by the Future Cruise booking staff member.

Just my observation: after I heard him tell a passenger that he only had ten minutes for them, I never felt the need to go back.

Edited by crystalspin

7 hours ago, crystalspin said:

You will get to be rushed and insulted by the Future Cruise booking staff member.

Just my observation: after I heard him tell a passenger that he only had ten minutes for them, I never felt the need to go back.

Geeze, that seems an overly harsh generalisation based on one observed bad experience.

Like Regnig, we have had a couple of positive experiences and will likely book on board again in the future.

Yesterday I was at the Future Cruise desk at the opening time.  Several guests were waiting.  After some chatting I left 15 minutes past opening and she wasn't there yet.  I went to the concierge and she emailed the FCC to schedule an appointment and no response as yet.

17 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Sorry that happened to you.  We had the opposite experience where we were able to have an extended conversation about the challenges that HAL is dealing with in Alaska now that the the market is saturated by other cruise lines and HAL has sold the smaller ships which were ideal for unique Alaska itineraries.  He was preparing to give his presentation on future cruises and we did not realize we were probably an unexpected distraction for him.  He really changed our perspective on the issue.  

We usually just fill out the form to purchase a future cruise deposit.  I like to have one ready when I see an opportunity to book a specific stateroom on an interesting itinerary.

• Like 2