Seabourn Holiday Dining, Etc.

skybluewaters

We're going to be on this year's Sojourn holiday cruise beginning December 21 and ending January 6.

Are the dinners on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve different in any way from the usual meals?

If so, how are they different, and would this also apply to TKG dinners on those days?

And while I'm at it, could anyone please comment on what Seabourn generally does for these holidays.

Thanks!

I haven't been onboard a ship since January 2020 when we disembarked Sojourn after the holiday cruise, so things may have changed but in the previous decade we had been onboard a Seabourn ship for the holidays nearly every year. 

TKG was never a different menu. NYE is a usually a 7 course gala dinner in MDR. In my experience Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner can vary depend on itinerary. A festive Christmas dinner is usually served, often it's one of the formal nights. 

The ship is decorated for the holidays, nothing too flamboyant, usually quite tasteful.

Christmas Eve there is often carol singing and after dinner a special Christmas show.

on Christmas Day after breakfast there have often been 'elves' running around the ship with gifts for the youngsters on board. Santa usually makes an appearance on the pooldeck with cocktails.

Edited by Isklaar
  • Like 4

It's been three long years, I'm forgetting too many details.

My favourite things in the ship during the holidays are the gingerbread houses and the little toy train on a track that is on deck 4 at the entrance to MDR.  I will look for some photographs to post here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have done holidays for 3 of the last 5 years on various lines.  
we love being at sea for the holidays.  
send lovely notes to the family.    
and I don’t have to entertain 10 people.  LOL

my biggest worry on Christmas Day is what to wear to dinner and what to order.  

On 11/16/2022 at 1:06 PM, skybluewaters said:

We're going to be on this year's Sojourn holiday cruise beginning December 21 and ending January 6.

Are the dinners on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Eve different in any way from the usual meals?

If so, how are they different, and would this also apply to TKG dinners on those days?

And while I'm at it, could anyone please comment on what Seabourn generally does for these holidays.

Thanks!

I was on a Seabourn holiday cruise in the Caribbean last year. I remember a special Christmas day lunch in the Colonnade with roast turkey. It was very good. Since I only have turkey at Christmas time, I ordered it again for dinner in the MDR. It was quite disappointing. I found Christmas & New Year very laid back on Seabourn. But that's the way I like it. There were a couple of ginger bread house displays & the ship was decorated but not over the top.

• Thanks 1