Getting to airport after cruise.

mumcat

I apologise if this has already been covered. We are sailing with O for the first time next month. On previous cruises with Regent and Azamara a sightseeing tour was offered on the day of disembarkation with the tour ending at the airport. I can see that it's possible to book a transfer to the airport but as our flight leaves in the late afternoon, I am hoping to be able to book a half-day tour before arriving at the airport. Does anyone know if Oceania does this?

@mumcat

I have no experience with Oceania - 2023 will be our first cruise with O

However, on my trip (Baltics) there is an excursion from airport to ship via Stonehenge - so I would think they might have something in reverse 

You might want to check with your TA or O directly.

• Thanks 1

They usually offer  a tour  for those flying later 

A few days before disembarkation you receive a form where  you list  the flight times  for your luggage tags  on the back they have tours listed

• Thanks 2

mumcat,

Email me at margnewman"at" aol "dot" com.  We have a late afternoon flight from Barbados next month.  I did not want to wait to see what Oceania might offer and found a company that will do a 3 hour tour with an airport drop off.

That's an excellent point!  It seems that many people -- I won't say a majority of people! --- tend to leave not much time for arrival to the airport.  We always allow extra time to allow for potential problems.  We just do NOT schedule an early flight we are going home on the same day (which I admit has only happened once or twice in the last 20 years).  But I always advise newbies to leave time, just in case.  Don't think that because you have to be off the ship by  8 or 9 am that you can book a noon flight.  Maybe you can, but probably you won't be able to.

At least not safely when according to my flight to/from NYC-Sarasota they still wanted you to be there 2 hours in advance.  So I assume for international  flights it is still 3 hours.

• 1 month later...

We came back from this cruise last week. There were no tours offered by Oceania on the last day , just very expensive airport transfers. I asked Destination Services why they don't offer debarkation day tours to the airport and she muttered something about Barbados not being reliable to organise such things. So, I arranged to go back to the hotel where we stayed prior to the cruise and they kindly let us use a room and hotel facilities until it was time to go to the airport. We paid $50, plus lunch. At the airport, there were several Oceania guests who had been there since the morning. 

• Like 1