Faster To The Fun is back...

Riles34

5 hours ago, Pellaz said:

It was one of the nicest boarding experiences we've ever had...although to be sure, not the fastest.   (THAT honor goes to the Victory many years ago:  7 minutes from curbside to Deck 3 with FTTF.)   

If it only took me 7 minutes to get onboard. I would tell my wife to drink up, this ship is going to sink. When I get that lucky, it always balances out in the end. 

19 hours ago, asalligo said:

If it only took me 7 minutes to get onboard. I would tell my wife to drink up, this ship is going to sink. When I get that lucky, it always balances out in the end. 

Oh, I know.  I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, or an anvil to fall on us or something.  Maybe a piano.    
We arrived curbside, porters took our luggage, nice Carnival lady saw our FTTF boarding passes and walked us directly toward the check-in desk (my sister uses cash-basis on board).  She also radioed the ship with our stateroom number and told them we were on the way.  Up the escalator -- they had just finished with calling FTTF -- dodged the embark photogs (it's like that scene from Airplane) and up the gangway.    I don't expect it to ever happen again.  

Edited by Pellaz
  • Like 1

I cruise tomorrow out of Tampa... After Carnival fixed this week's document printing issues, my documents no longer show FTTF or priority luggage. Any ideas for what I can do? I can show FTTF on my phone if I go into my booking, but I don't see how that'll help with our luggage. 

24 minutes ago, geneparmesan said:

I cruise tomorrow out of Tampa... After Carnival fixed this week's document printing issues, my documents no longer show FTTF or priority luggage. Any ideas for what I can do? I can show FTTF on my phone if I go into my booking, but I don't see how that'll help with our luggage. 

I called Carnival. This is what they said in case it helps anyone else:

- They noticed on their end that FTTF wasn't showing correctly on my booking. They could see I purchased it, but it didn't show as applied to the booking or something.

- They said that it would show up at the port whenever anyone scanned my ticket's barcode. They recommend I also bring the printed email receipt as a backup.

- For the luggage tags, they said I could just write "priority" on there, but also it should be in the system somehow (although I don't see a barcode on the luggage tags?). 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 2:44 AM, Pellaz said:

It happened to us once in FLL.  🙂 

We could only get a free 9 am shuttle from the hotel to the pier, and we were there by around 9:15 am.  The nice Carnival gent outside the terminal doors looked at us funny, checked our FTTF boarding passes and said "Okay, wait right here, you're the first!"     

We were first into the terminal and first to the FTTF seating area, where the guy seated us right at the corner "since we were first."   

They boarded the wedding parties, Diamonds and Plats, and then led us first up to the boarding level.   They timed it perfectly:   as the last of the Ds and Ps came through from the VIP lounge we were literally steps behind them. 

It was one of the nicest boarding experiences we've ever had...although to be sure, not the fastest.   (THAT honor goes to the Victory many years ago:  7 minutes from curbside to Deck 3 with FTTF.)   

I'm curious, do you remember what time you boarded? Or at least about how long you waited to board?

On 12/30/2022 at 4:42 PM, geneparmesan said:

- For the luggage tags, they said I could just write "priority" on there, but also it should be in the system somehow (although I don't see a barcode on the luggage tags?). 

i cant see how just writing that on there can help    Imagine all the people that could do that.   I have priority and do not see any bar code 

On 1/4/2023 at 2:29 AM, opensaysme said:

I'm curious, do you remember what time you boarded? Or at least about how long you waited to board?

I think we boarded at around 11:30 am; maybe a bit earlier.   Of course, we had a while to wait inside the terminal until then, but that was "on us."  🙂  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest BasicSailor
6 hours ago, ouse456 said:

From a fairly nonhandy internet user: How do I make a list of my past cruises to insert at the bottom of all my Cruise Critic posts? Thnx

I've never bother with it. But I would think it's a copy paste from your Carnival cruises to here. Go into the sub menus of your icon.

7 hours ago, ouse456 said:

From a fairly nonhandy internet user: How do I make a list of my past cruises to insert at the bottom of all my Cruise Critic posts? Thnx

click on your name in the upper right hand side of the screen, click on account settings from the drop down box, and then click on signature on the left hand side of the screen. Just type in the info you want displayed at the bottom of all your post.

• 5 weeks later...

we sailing the Legend out of Baltimore next month and we have FTTF, there's an image on our luggage tags with "Faster to the Fun" on them, but the boarding passes give us a 1-1:30 pm arrival appointment and the "C" boarding zone.

we haven't sailed post-covid from Baltimore with the new (to us) appointment system and we have never used FTTF before and I am confused. I don't know when the Legend usually boards and the boardng pass also says that all rooms will be available at 1:30 pm.  I now am wondering if FTTF is worth it if we have to wait until -1:30 pm to start the boarding process and all rooms will be accessible then.

Baltimore Carnival folks--please help me decide what to do. thanks!